Sunday, April 27, 2003

Did everyone remember that Wednesday, April 23rd was Administrative/Professional Day. Hum?!? Well, the company I work for did remember and sent all us wonderful Admin's a nice gift. Received a small box of Godiva chocolates, plus an American Express gift certificate. With this gift certificate, on Thursday, I went to the local bookstore [Shakespeare & Company] to purchase a few tomes. I ended up with two books I've been wanting for sometime:

"Ferret Chronicles - Rescue Ferrets At Sea" by Richard Bach
"The Eagle's Shadow - Why America Fascinates & Infuriates the World" by Mark Hertsgaard

I just finished the first book yesterday and loved it. Richard Bach [famed author of the book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"] has this delightful series out called "Ferret Chronicles" and its inspired by his own beloved pet furkids. He's got ten of them! Lucky guy! "Rescue Ferrets at Sea" is the first in the series and last year I purchased the second book of the series [Air Ferrets Aloft}. Both are delightful books for teens on up to adults. Anyone who loves ferrets ... then get these books. The next book in the series is called "Rancher Ferrets on the Range". I've seen it in Barnes & Noble and hope to pick it up soon.

The second book I purchased with my "gift certificate" was by Mark Hertsgaard. About a month or so ago I read a cool, fascinating interview with him on Booksense.com. He was promoting his new book called "The Eagles Shadow". I started reading this last evening and so far its great. Hard to explain it now, but after I'm done reading it I'll write up a review and post it here. If your wondering if the book has a political theme ... yes ... it does.

Today I participated, along with several other co-workers [ie: Laurie & Heather], in the annual March of Dimes Walk America. The weather today is a lovely, perfect Spring day. Great for walking and walk we did, about 6 miles. Received lots of free goodies AND got to briefly meet Joe Namath [brilliant football player from 1960s/70s]. Good ole Broadway Joe has been an honorary celebrity chairman of the March of Dimes for years. Wish I'd brought my camera, so as to get a pix with him. Oh well.....................

On that note ... gotta split ... remember to keep rocking in the free world!

No comments: