Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Just when I think I’m getting ahead of things … I get another setback in the health department. Geez! Yesterday, while at my desk working, I received another setback. It was going on 11:30am that I felt piercing lower right back spasms. This was similar to what I went thru in May 1999, but not as severe and on left side. Difference this time is that I’m working for a company with very good health benefits and flexibility. Anyhow, the spasms are doing there thing, so I head off to restroom to stretch in hopes of “working out kinks”. No such luck … damn. Head back to desk to call my chiropractor and make an appointment before he left office at 1pm. The man has short office hours on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Got a hold of the office and they said to get there by or before 12:30pm, which meant I had to leave ASAP. Left message with one of my bosses and secretary who sits next to me. Hauled ass out of office at 11:45am. Took two subways and got to chiropractor office in my neighborhood at 12:25pm. Was set up in a room for Dr Abott to examine me, then I received heat therapy and finally adjustments. Doc wanted me to take remainder of afternoon off from work and rest. I was still feeling pain and soreness in the lower back, but he assured me I’d be 100% within 4 to 7 days. I'm scheduled for a one-hour, full body massage appointment on Saturday morning and it'll work wonders. Plus, I'm also visiting friends down in the DC/VA area and be able to utilize their hottub/jaccuzzi too. That will be so sweet and so relaxing. So my chiropractor typed a note for work, I headed home, called the office to leave detailed voicemails and relaxed rest of day. [Also did hot/cold therapy for afflicted area.] While resting I caught up on reading, plus writing in my ferret shelter journal. Took a nap and watch some telly. Now I’m back to work and the back is feeling abit better today. Tonight is the Kucinich volunteer/committee meeting at 6pm, which I’ll only attend for a short spell, then head home to take it easy.

Just learned that the secretary I'm covering for here at E&Y will be out until early January. [She's extending her maturnity leave - without pay.] That means my floater assignment has been extended. [Hurray!] I've been in this spot since early August and I'm working for a terrific group.

No comments: