Friday, December 07, 2007

Civics Lessons for Dummies Like Me or How I Chased After Candidate Kucinich
Deborah Emin Commentary/Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deborah-emin/civics-lessons-for-dummie_b_75316.html?view=print

Kucinich and Paul Challenge Their Parties to Take Peace Seriously
Peace voters have choices in 2008, but will they have the courage to support peace candidates?
Kevin Zeese / Baltimore Chronicle & Sentinel
http://www.baltimorechronicle.com/2007/112907Zeese.shtml

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

[Duchess Note: This “peace voter” will be following her gut instinct and voting for a candidate that best represents my views and values. That candidate, since 2003, has always been Congressman Kucinich. There is NO way in hell the corporate mainstream media, nor DNC, will scare me with their outrageous propaganda and fear tactics. They can’t scare me, because knowledge is power. Also, Kucinich’s track record in congress speaks for itself and quite clearly too. Don’t believe me, well then visit these websites http://www2.kucinich.us/issues OR http://www2.kucinich.us/housefloorspeeches and learn for yourself. Recently, here in NYC, many Kucitizens and registered Democrats were petitioning to get the congressman on the Primary ballot for NYS. (Primary is Tuesday, February 5th in NY, NJ & CT!) Some of the commentary we heard from fellow voters made us realize that they were being manipulated by the two parties and the corporate media. What is sad is that, some of them don’t even realize their being manipulated or brainwashed. If everyone we met, who said Kucinich is the only true candidate, actually voted for him in the Primary, he would then WIN. He would beat Edwards, Obama and yes, even Clinton. Vote for the candidate that best represents YOU and NOT the candidate that best represents corporate America. Make a difference and be a “peace voter” today!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!! I'm with you, Charlene. I started to follow Dennis after I first heard him make a campaign speech, in 2003. I did what I could for his 2004 campaign until he, himself, switched support to Kerry at the time of the DNC Convention in Boston. Maybe in 2008 I'll write in the Kucinich name in November; we'll see.
David Hoag

Charlene said...

Many thanks for your comments David. Wasn't to pleased he switched his support to Kerry in 2004, but it sounds like this time around he won't, as none are true "peace candidates". Hum, writing in DJKs name in Nov 2008, I like that. Tho I hear that C.McKinney is running on the Green Party ticket.