Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PERSONAL NEWS #188

Monday, Sept 20th, I volunteered at the “World Can’t Wait” main headquarters on West 27th Street location. For now it is mostly handling phone calls, organizing, and computer database on Monday or Thursday evenings after work. I’ll mostly be working with, and reporting to, Sharon and Bob.

Tuesday, Sept 21st, I had an appt with my foot doctor for therapy and progress report.

Friday, Sept 24th, I volunteered with City Harvest at the Union Square farmers market.

Sunday, Sept 26th, I joined the YMCA in my neighborhood, as its gym facilities are co-ed. They have terrific facilities for cardio, free weights, classes, machines, sauna, plus a swimming pool, and all for the wonderful monthly fee of $52.

Monday, Sept 27th, I volunteered at the WCW national office and assisted with making phone calls for donations. Afterwards I went to the Y for an intense 35 minute cardio workout.

Tuesday, Sept 28th, I attended a panel discussion at Brooklyn Law School on “US Crimes against International Law”. WCW and Brooklyn for Peace were two of the sponsors.

Wednesday afternoon, Sept 29th, I spoke with my dear cousin Edmund, whom I hadn’t seen or spoken too in 10+ years. Wonderful conversation! He lives in Maine with his current wife and they run a successful wedding cake business called “Sticky Fingers”. Check it out at www.stickyfingerscakes.com

Thursday, Sept 30th, I attended a Green Party event after work. I was invited to this event by Chris Archer, who is a member of NYDoP and the Green Party. Afterwards, I got home in time to chair the NYDoP CCR Team conference call at 8:30pm.

No comments: