Sunday, November 07, 2010

JUST SOME THOUGHTS ON VOTING AND NOVEMBER 2ND

I voted on Election Day, November 2nd, and as always, I placed my precious votes with candidates whom I felt "best" represent my views and values. I walked out of that voting area with a clear conscious. To say that voting Democrat all the way, and no third party, is the correct way, well, I’m sorry, but I disagree. To say that I should not vote for what I believe in, well, that is just un-American. Because we ALL have the right to vote for whom WE want. You vote for whom you want, and I’ll vote for who I want. [Some friends, co-workers and acquaintances have tried to nag me into voting for a party who more and more does NOT represent me, but doing so would make a farce out of voting.] To be so disrespectful as to say that I should throw away my own views, my own feelings, my own values just to get Democrats into office when I do NOT feel confident NOR have faith in the majority of them, I would feel absolutely disgusted with myself. We need to smash the two-party duo-poly that along with the corporate elites, military/industrial complex AND ultra rich controls our country! Let's make OUR OWN REAL change! We The People can do it!

1 comment:

recognition award said...

That is good to hear that your votes were not tainted by others.