Thursday, August 02, 2012


PERSONAL NEWS #210
Sunday morning, July 1st, I went to my weekly Hatha yoga class, and in the afternoon had an appt with Dr Tan.

Wednesday, July 4th, I spent some time in Park Slope on a “shutterbug adventure” to capture the look of the many charming brownstones, gardens, etc.  It was a warm and humid day.  After getting back to my hood, I picked up a delicious slice of “Death by Chocolate” vegan cake to enjoy while watching the fireworks that evening on the telly.

Thursday evening, July 5th, after doing some shopping at Dressbarn and Whole Foods; I joined other members of TGTSNBN for the monthly meetup.  This time we sat around different tables gossiping, playing fun board games, eating and drinking.  It was alot of fun catching up with friends and acquaintances I hadn’t seen in awhile.  J

Friday through Monday, July 6th to the 9th, I visited with the parents in upstate NY, plus we also visited my brother and sister-in-law near Schenectady.  I rented a KIA Sedona car from Enterprise that was abit of a gas guzzler, but drove really nice, and had Satellite Radio.

Tuesday, July 10th, I jumped on The Peace Alliance monthly conference call to learn about the latest events and updates.  The monthly BFP PF meeting was cancelled this evening and will be rescheduled to another date.

Wednesday evening, July 11th, I attended a meeting at The Commons on creating a coalition regarding the banning of the Rockaway Lateral Pipeline.  This proposed fracking-gas pipeline would, if implemented, create havoc with the Gateway National Recreation area in that part of Brooklyn, plus put Brooklynites at risk.

Thursday evening, July 12th, I attended a book party and discussion of a new novel [Fuel on the Fire: Oil and Politics in Occupied Iraq] by author Greg Muttitt.  I purchased the book, got it signed by the author while having a brief discussion on the continued US government “presence” in Iraq.

Friday, July 13th, I volunteered with City Harvest at Union Square farmers market.

Saturday afternoon, July 14th, I hosted a Harry Potter gathering at Casa Hufflepuff, and we noshed on tasty vegan goodies while reading our fave excerpts from HP books.  Many thanks go out to Debbie, Dennis, Kathy, Laura, Mary, Pauline and Angela in joining me at my casa.

Sunday, July 15th, I went to my weekly Hatha yoga class, and in the afternoon had an appt with Dr Tan.

Tuesday evening, July 17th, I participated and co-chaired the monthly BFP Arts & Culture meeting held at Dennis’ apt in Park Slope.

Wednesday evening, July 18th, I volunteered at the WCW national office to assist with computer work.

Thursday evening, July 19th, I attended the monthly NYC Tolkien meetup and there were 12 in attendance which included 6 newbies.

Friday, July 20th, I volunteered with City Harvest at Union Square’s farmers market.

Saturday, July 21st, after receiving a much needed mani/pedi, then having some lunch, I walked to the East River ferry pier in my hood for a “shutterbug adventure” to Governors Island.  The weather was lovely and a good day for adventure.

Sunday, July 22nd, I went to my weekly Hatha yoga class, then a BFP A&C conference call at 3pm, and afterwards had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment.  Weather is still lovely and little humidity.

Tuesday, July 24th, I attended the annual City Harvest volunteer party at Heartland Brewery.

Friday, July 27th, I volunteered with City Harvest at Union Square farmers market.  Earlier in the afternoon I had an enjoyable lunch at Ruby Tuesday with Carla Mallen, who was in my graduating class at FLHS back in the 1970s.  We’ve connected over the years via class reunions and facebook.  Carla told me that her older sister was one of my art teachers in high school.  Whoa!

Sunday, July 29th, I went to my weekly Hatha yoga class in the morning, then brunch with my friend Gail at a Korean restaurant on Franklin Street, and ended the evening at a small gathering at the Lone Wolf Tribe studio in Ft Greene.

Tuesday evening, July 31st, I attend the Hatha yoga class in my neighborhood.

No comments: