Tuesday, April 02, 2013


PERSONAL NEWS #218

March 2nd, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment, and afterwards I headed uptown to see Wendy about HP costume.  After the matinee at the theatre, Wendy and other ushers watch movies downstairs.  While there we watched the 1957 TV showing of Cinderella with Julie Andrews.  After grocery shopping at Westerly’s I headed home and rented season one of “Downton Abbey” for my weekend viewing pleasure.

March 3rd, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center, and finished watching Downton Abbey on DVD.

March 7th, I attended the monthly BFP board meeting at The Commons.  As always, it was interesting and informative, with discussions centering on lobbying our Brooklyn Congressional and City Council reps.

March 9th, I embarked upon a “photo adventure” during the afternoon of Prospect Park.  I did something different and took the B43 bus down to the park from my neighborhood.  Took an hour and went some neighborhoods I normally wouldn’t venture into.  The weather on Saturday was sunny, 50 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  I took some great pix of the boathouse, bridges, a ravine and even bird watchers.

March 10th, I had a private class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

March 12th, I attended the monthly BFP PF committee meeting and it was productive.

March 15th, I had an appt with Dr Tan my acupuncturist.

On March 16th, after Dana did cleaning of my apartment, I headed into Manhattan to see my friend Wendy at the costume shop.  Pay her for the rest of the HP new ensemble and catch up on news.  That evening I attended a party at an acquaintances place in my hood and had a fun time.

March 17th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

March 19th, I participated in the monthly BFP A&C committee meeting, which was held via conference call due to inclement weather.  The call was very productive and three important projects are now in the works.

Evening of March 21st, I participated in the Misti-Con live webcast, and when that was completed, I jumped on the WCW conference call with Cindy Sheehan as guest speaker.

March 23rd, I had a terrific time at the Tolkien Reading Day event, which was held this year at Books of Wonder. Many thanks to Teel James Glenn and Timdalf who were the MCs, plus everyone gave such great and diverse readings. Sam Szetela’s presentation of the Gollum and Bilbo "scene" was very amusing. Afterwards a group of us went to Hollywood Diner on 6th Avenue for dinner and more fun conversations. 

March 24th, started off with my private class with Fabrice at the yoga center, and later on an appt with Dr Tan.

March 26th, I attended the monthly BFP fundraising committee meeting, enjoyable, informative and productive.

March 27th, I did volunteer work at the WCW national office.

March 29th to 30th, I visited my parents, brother and sister-in-law for the Easter holiday weekend in upstate NY.  While there my lower back troubles [ie: Sacroilitis and Sciatica] gave me grief and must see my chiropractor upon return to NYC.  Other than that I had a good, relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

No comments: