Friday, August 01, 2014

PERSONAL NEWS #234
July 2nd to 5th, visit the parents in upstate NY, as well as my brother and his wife on the 4th.  On the 3rd, we had company at the house for dinner, dessert and socializing.

July 7th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

July 8th, I attended the productive monthly BFP Fund/PF committee meeting at Ken’s apt.

July 10th, I went to the monthly TGTSNBN meetup after work.  The meetup was held at Belvedere Castle in Central Park for a picnic, plus readings of JK Rowlings “The Tales of Beedle the Bard”.


July 12th, after errands I had a much needed acupuncture treatment at Dr Tan’s office.  Then up to my work location to do BFP committee work on laptop while eating a light lunch from Wasabi.  I then met up with Wendy and Debbie to see the terrific, funny film called “The Chef”.  Afterwards, we checked out “Forbidden Planet” shop before having a delicious dinner/dessert at Peacefood Café.  I wrapped up the day with a visit to The Strand bookstore for browsing.

July 15th, I attended the productive monthly BFP A&C committee conference call.  Due to inclement weather, we decided to pass on in-person meeting and conduct as a call.

July 17th, I attended the monthly “NYC Friends of Tolkien” meetup at our usual diner.  There were 12 of us in attendance and Timdalf brought lots of LOTR and TH goodies for “show & tell”.

July 18th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

July 19th, after Dana cleaned the apt, I did many errands/chores, and then a much needed mani/pedi.  Later on I headed to Bay Terrace in Queens for dinner with friends at Ben’s Deli.  Good food and fun conversation J

July 20th, I took a leisurely stroll at the Gantry Plaza State Park in Long Island City during the sunny afternoon.  It’s such a nice park and lovely views of Manhattan across the East River.  In the evening, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

July 22nd, I did volunteer work at the WCW national office.

On July 24th, after work, while volunteering with BFP at peaceful vigil regarding Gaza, I met and chat with Mimi Rosenberg from WBAI.  I listen to her and Ken Nash on "Building Bridges" program, which is on WBAI radio [99.5 FM].

July 25th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

July 26th, had a much needed acupuncture therapy appt around 11am, and then home to take care of errands before going to TJ Glenn’s book readings and sword display event at Enigma bookstore in Astoria [Queens].

July 27th, I had brunch with my friend Gail in our neighborhood.  Afterwards, we strolled around abit to see what new boutiques were on Franklyn Street.  After a while we called it quits, as the humidity was so high, and made one feel uncomfortable.  Rest of the afternoon into evening I watch season five of LOST on DVD.

July 28th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

July 29th, after work I volunteered with BFP at peaceful vigil regarding Gaza situation in the Middle East.  [BFP statement … “The disaster unfolding in Gaza would not be possible without the U.S. policy of one-sided military, economic, and diplomatic support for Israel. We call on the U.S. to adopt a new policy, upholding the basic human rights and dignity of Palestinians and Israelis alike.”]
July 30th, after work, I had a much needed chiropractor appt for treatment.

July 31st, I had a delicious dinner with Peter and Nadine at the wonderful Caravan of Dreams vegan restaurant in the East Village.  Afterwards we walked to Grammercy Park for tasty vegan dessert at One Lucky Duck.

No comments: