Monday, February 01, 2016

PERSONAL NEWS #251
January 1st, I invited my good friend Gail over to my place for “afternoon tea”, chatting and exchanging gifties.  We had a delightful 2 hours and she brought her doggie Sage.

January 2nd, I headed into Manhattan to utilize the holiday gift cards I received from partners at work.  I purchased the following DVDs … The Losers, Hero, A Walk in the Woods, Kingsman the Secret Service, Sunshine and Snowpiercer.  Also checked out PC Richards and purchased a new antenna for my flat screen telly.

January 3rd, I joined my friend Margaret in seeing the new Star Wars movie called “The Force Awakens”.  We both really enjoyed it a lot.  That evening I watched episode one from season six of Downton Abbey.  That was also excellent.

On January 5th, I took ½ a vacation day, as I had a morning appt with NYU Dentistry about doing extensive dental work.  Afterwards I headed to B&N to pick up the “Complete DVD Guide to Granada Television Series – Sherlock Holmes”.  I’ve wanted this for quite some time.  After work I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at my apt.

On January 7th, I attended the monthly TGTSNBN meetup on the upper Westside of Manhattan.  Topic of discussion was on the 7th Harry Potter book.

On January 9th, after Dana cleaned my apt, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice, and then in the evening I attended the annual Brooklyn for Peace holiday party.  The party was great fun and held at a board members charming brownstone home.  Good food and diverse conversations.

On January 10th, I joined some friends and acquaintances to see the wonderful Star Wars costume exhibit at the Discovery Times Square in Manhattan.  It was great fun and afterwards we went out for lunch to a Mexican place on 42nd Street.

January 11th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at my apt.

January 12th, I attended the monthly BFP fundraising committee meeting at Ken’s home and it was quite productive.

January 16th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at my apt.

On January 18th, in the afternoon, I had a foot doctor appt.  Hadn’t been back to my foot doctor in over 2 years and needed a thorough checkup.  I’ve been having some issues with my left ankle and I start physical therapy for it week of the 25th.  That evening I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at my apt.

January 19th, I attended the monthly BFP A&C committee meeting at Charlotte’s home and it was a productive meeting on our upcoming event.

January 23rd, we here in NYC got hit with the first blizzard of the season, and about 26 to 28 inches of snow fell on the metropolis.  Also, Fabrice came over at 12:30pm to provide a private yoga class at my apt while it snowed outside.

January 25th, I had to leave work a wee bit early for my first physical therapy session regarding my left ankle.  Good session and afterwards I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at my apt.

January 26th, I had to leave work a wee bit early for my appt with NYU Dentistry.

January 29th, BFP A&C committee event at the WORD bookstore in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, to host the author, Vincent Intondi.

January 31st, I attended the “NYC Friends of Tolkien” event at Stone Creek lounge to view the “Bof5A” extended edition DVD and a belated toast to The Professor.

No comments: