Saturday, August 05, 2017

PERSONAL NEWS #269
July 1st to 4th, I visited with the parents in upstate NY for the holiday weekend.  Took them out for dinner and breakfast; plus, help Mom with chores around the house, and trips to stores for groceries et al.

July 5th, a short work week for me, but still going to be a busy one with training, and assisting my new boss before he heads to another conference.  After work, I had a physical therapy session for my ankle and foot.

July 6th, met up with my TGTSNBN friend, Irvin, for lunch in the Wall Street area.  He works now on Broad Street.  After work, I attended the monthly BFP board meeting at the office on Atlantic Avenue.

July 7th, after work, I headed up to West 52nd Street to attend the “Summer Dark” event at the Oasis Community Gardens, as my friend Teel James Glenn was read from his assorted works.

July 8th, after my private yoga class with Fabrice at the apt; I took care of errands, chores and laundry.

July 9th, I got a much-needed manicure, and then a tasty dinner at The Jungle Café.

July 10th, after work I took the 5:18pm East River ferry boat to my hood from the Wall Street pier.

July 11th, after work I did abit of shopping at Dress Barn and then head to Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn for the free herbal class at Radicle herb shop.  Fascinating and informative.

July 13th, after work, I jumped on the BFP fundraising committee conference call regarding our upcoming work for the Pathmakers to Peace event.

July 14th, after work, I had a much-needed chiropractor session, and learned that my lung doctor had passed away the week before.

July 15th, after my cleaning lady took care of my apt, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the apt.  Later, in the evening, I joined friends of mine for a walk around the hood and then a chat in their back-yard garden.

July 17th, after work I took the 5:43pm East River ferry boat to my hood from the Wall Street pier.

July 18th, after work, I attended a Buddhist Soka Gakkai meeting in my hood to chant, hear stories and become a member of the SGI organization.  An interesting, informative and enlightened evening.

July 19th, after work, I headed up to the NYU College of Dentistry to have a temp crown replaced, plus discuss the last phase of 1.5 years of dental work.

July 20th, after work, I had a physical therapy session for my ankle and foot.

July 23rd, after getting a much-needed manicure, I headed into Manhattan to meet up with my friend Mary for lunch and theater.  We had a quick lunch at a diner before going to see the delightfully funny off-Broadway play called PUFFS.  It’s about the Harry Potter world at Hogwarts, but from the point of view of the Hufflepuff’s.

July 24th, after work, I had a much-needed therapy session with my chiropractor.

July 25th, after work, I had a physical therapy session for my ankle and foot.

July 26th, after work, I headed to the BFP office on Atlantic Avenue for training on the PowerBase setup.

July 27th, after work, I jumped on the BFP Arts & Culture committee conference call.

July 28th, that evening I had a nice dinner out with my friend Larry and we went to a Thai place called SongKran.

July 29th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the apt, and afterwards did many chores / errands.

July 30th, after strolling through the Union Square arts and crafts vendors event, I headed to the Buddhist SGI-USA center on East 15th Street to meet up with Rhonda.  I purchased some items in the shop to assist with my meditations and Buddhist learning.

July 31st, after work, I joined some friends at the delightful little British restaurant called Tea & Sympathy in Greenwich Village to celebrate Harry Potters 37th birthday.  It is also the 51st birthday of the HP author, JK Rowling.  Good food and fun conversation.

No comments: