Monday, April 30, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #278
April 2nd, woke up to another mini snowstorm in northern Brooklyn.  Were for art thou oh Spring?  After 9 months at my job, I received a favorable review from my boss, and a nice raise in salary.

April 5th, after work, I attended the monthly productive BFP Fundraising committee meeting.

April 6th, after work, my yoga instructor stopped by with his work ladder for me to utilize while I paint my bedroom over the weekend.

April 7th, after my much needed massage therapy appt, my yoga instructor stopped by apt to help move furniture out of bedroom, so I could prep/paint it.  Also went to the cleaners and grocery shopping.  Finished painting the bedroom a nice shade of baby blue around midnight.  After cleaning up, I went to bed at 1:30am.

April 8th, after attending the SGI Buddhist district chanting/studying session, I did laundry, more cleaning up of apt, and my yoga instructor helped me put the furniture back.  Got much accomplished over the weekend, but it was exhausting work.

April 9th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure in my hood.

April 10th, after work, I headed uptown to the theater district area, to purchase tickets for me and two friends to see LOBBY HERO starring Chris Evans.

April 11th, I attended the all-day Fred Pryor seminar for training in being an exceptional assistant.  Afterwards, I headed downtown to the office to catch up on work.

April 12th, after work, I had a physical therapy session for my foot/ankle.

April 14th, after my housekeeper took care of my apt; I went to my massage therapy appt.  Later I joined friends and acquaintances at Franklin820 bar / restaurant for a fun meetup. Afterwards, we headed over to Blue Marble ice cream parlor on Underhill Road before the weather got chilly. It was great hanging out with Nancy, Margaret, Irvin, Diana, Jonathan and others.

April 15th, after purchasing a new mattress at a place in my hood, I headed to The Jungle Café for a late delicious lunch.  Then I did abit of shopping across the street at The Thing, which is a thrift shop.  Purchased two books and a DVD for $8.

April 16th, after work, I rushed home to accept the delivery of my new firm mattress I had purchased over the weekend at a good sale price.

April 17th, after work, I head up to the SGI culture center on 15th Street to participate in the evening gongyo.

April 19th, after work, I had a physical therapy session for my foot/ankle.

April 21st, I volunteered with Brooklyn for Peace [ie: tabling] outside of a Foodtown store in the Prospect Heights hood from 11am to 1pm.  Gorgeous sunny spring day and great doing peace/political activism.  Afterwards, I strolled over to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens for 2 hours, and it was lovely.  Before heading home, I purchased some books on decorating from a vendor outside of the Brooklyn Museum and called a friend.

April 22nd, enjoyed another lovely, sunny spring day and walked around different parts of my hood.  Stopped for a delicious late lunch at The Jungle Café before heading home.

April 25th, today is Administrative Assistant Day, and I received a “thank you” balloon, flowers and small giftie from my boss.  Lovely surprise J   After work, I had a dental appt for a cleaning.  Then I headed to The Commons on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn to view the HBO documentary called “Mann vs. Ford”.  It was an interesting and informative film, followed by a Q&A.

April 27th, after work, I went to see “Avengers – Infinity War” at the cinema. Wow, it was filled with action, humor, sadness and last 20 minutes were numbing.

April 28th, after taking care of assorted errands / chores I got a much-needed manicure.

April 29th, I joined some friends at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens for the annual Sakura Matsuri festival.  Enjoyable!  Gardens were lovely!  And always fun chillin with good friends.

No comments: