Friday, June 01, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #279
May 1st, after work, I head up to the SGI culture center on 15th Street to participate in the evening gongyo.

May 3rd, after work, I attended the productive and informative monthly BFP board meeting at The Commons.

May 4th, after work, I had dinner with a friend who is visiting from VA for a few days, and we had a delicious dinner, with diverse conversation, at the PeaceFood Café off University Place.

May 5th, I volunteered with a few other BFP board members in tabling outside of Foodtown in Brooklyn from 11am to 1pm.  Weather was okay and we engaged folk in diverse topics of discussion.  Back home I took care of chores before heading into the city for a friend’s 50th birthday dinner party at “PIE by the Pound”.  We all had a fun time!

May 6th, I joined two friends of mine for a delicious brunch at Galaxy diner on 9th Avenue before heading to the theatre to see LOBBY HERO.  It was my second time in seeing Chris Evans in this play.  [Photo below of me with Evans poster.]  Much improvement since I saw it in previews.  Afterwards my friends and I tried to get his autograph.  The other “younger” fans were crazy and he only signed a few playbills before heading off in a car.  Still, seeing him up close was a treat for me.  Then I headed to the cinema to see “Avengers – Infinity War” with another friend.  My second time and his first.  The film was even better the second time around.


May 8th, after work, I attended the monthly productive BFP Fundraising committee meeting.

May 9th, after work, I had a dental appt for partials prep work.

May 11th, had lunch with a friend, and after work, I visited the SGI cultural center on 15th Street.

May 12th, after my housekeeper took care of my apt, I did several errands and chores.

May 14th, after work, I stopped by B&N in Union Square to make purchases, and then visited the SGI cultural center on 15th Street.

May 15th, after work, I had a much needed session / treatment with my acupuncturist in Chinatown.

May 19th, I got up around 6:45am to watch the Royal Wedding on telly in the UK.  Later in the day, I got a much-needed pedicure in my hood, along with doing some errands.

May 20th, I did volunteering [1-5pm] with other BFP members at the annual 5th Avenue street faire in Park Slope.  We had our table out with the Penny Poll, buttons and several flyers.  Afterwards, I headed into Manhattan to have dinner with a friend at the Thai restaurant called SongKran.

May 21st, after work, I attended the SGI “Sophia’s Group” Buddhist chanting/meeting in my hood at a members nice apt.

May 22nd, after work, I attended a “thank you” event for an ex-BFP employee.  It was held at a delightful Italian place on Vanderbilt Avenue in Brooklyn.

May 23rd, after work, I had a dental appt for cavity work.

May 25th to 28th, I visited the parents over a productive Memorial Day holiday weekend in upstate NY.  Busy with errands, chores, breakfast out, hair salon, interview a home health aide, etc.

May 29th, after work, I had a one-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt.  Needed it for my back and neck.

May 31st, after work, I did volunteer work at WCW office on their computer.

No comments: