Thursday, August 30, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #282
August 1st, after work, I jumped on a productive conference call for the BFP fundraising committee.

August 3rd, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

August 4th, I joined my friend Wendy in seeing the film “Christopher Robin”, and afterwards going to PeaceFood CafĂ© for a delicious dinner.  The film was delightful, fun and charming.  I highly recommend it.

August 7th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

August 8th, during my lunch hour I had an eye doctor appt.  First time in 8 years and went from 2.0 to 2.75 concerning my reading glasses.  Everything else is okay.  After work, I got a much-needed manicure, and finished packing for my trip to Seattle.

August 9th to 12th, I visited with two friends out in Seattle, WA for a mini vacation.  I attended a 3-hour Pearl Jam concert at Safeco Field, and saw some of the sites.  Weather was nice, low humidity and sunny most of the time.

August 14th, I attended a Fred Pryor seminar today regarding Emotional Intelligence, and afterwards I headed back to the office to put in 3.5 hours of work.

August 15th, Mom is back in the hospital with a fracture upper arm, and the Home Health Aide is staying with my father until I can get upstate.

August 16th to 19th, I headed upstate NY to take care of my Father while Mom was in the hospital.  Then they were both put into the rehab center in southwestern VT for the week.  Working with assorted organizations, insurance, doctors etc. on getting the situation stabilized.  Took care of their house, went to hair salon, chores, errands and then breakfast with friends of ours.

August 21st, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

August 25th to 26th, I headed upstate NY to take care of my parents while they were in rehab, and the house, with other errands.

August 27th, after work, I got a much-needed pedicure at a salon in my hood.

August 29th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

August 30th, after work, I attended the monthly BFP board meeting in Brooklyn.

No comments: