Tuesday, September 03, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #294
August 2nd to 4th, I enjoyed a three-day weekend getaway to Washington DC for arts and culture enjoyment.  [Some photos from the trip below]




August 5th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

August 8th, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Buddhist Toso meeting in my hood.

August 9th, during my lunch hour I enjoyed hanging out with a friend on Broad Street.  We chatted about MistiCon events and costumes.

August 10th / 11th, I visited with my Mom in upstate NY for the weekend.  Took care of errands, shopping and dined out to Benson’s twice.  Weather was lovely and comfortable.

August 13th, during my lunch hour I had a yearly appt with my eye doctor.

August 14th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

August 16th, after work, I enjoyed a delicious dinner with a good friend at PeaceFood Café to celebrate her retirement.  Afterwards, I went to Barnes and Noble to purchase “Avengers – Endgame” on DVD.

August 17th / 18th, I took care of many errands and chores over the weekend, plus grocery shopping and laundry.  On Sunday, I got a much-needed manicure and pedicure, and started crocheting a baby blanket for a friend’s daughter.

August 19th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

August 21st, after work, I attended a productive and informative BFP PEJ committee meeting.

August 22nd, after work, I headed to Bryant Park to hang out with some friends at the weekly Thursday “tea party gathering and discussion”.  It was very enjoyable, and the tea and fresh baked goodies are delicious.

August 24th, I attended the annual BFP PEJ committee potluck picnic in Prospect Park.  Weather was lovely and felt like an early autumn day.

August 25th, I headed out to Bay Shore on Long Island to visit with my friend Yvette.  We had a lovely time out at the marina, lunch at Nicky’s and some shopping before I headed back to the city.  Weather was lovely.

August 26th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

August 28th, after work, I jumped on the monthly BFP Fundraising committee conference call.

August 29th, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Buddhist planning meeting in my hood.

August 30th to Sept 2nd, I visited with my Mom in upstate NY for the Labor Day holiday weekend.

No comments: