Monday, December 02, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #297
Nov 2nd, I headed into Manhattan for a 1-hour volunteer orientation at Bideawee animal shelter.  Afterwards, I took a taxi to Grand Center Station to meet up with a school chum from our Pound Ridge days.  Robin and I had a great afternoon hanging out at The Highline, West Village, Bus Stop Café and Greenwich Village.  We caught up on news and gossip.  It was an enjoyable time.

Nov 3rd, after getting a much-needed manicure, I watched the NYC marathon in my hood before they hit the halfway point on the Pulaski Bridge.  Later on, I joined my friend Wendy in seeing the wonderful film “Harriett”.  I highly recommend this film.  After the film, we had a delicious dinner at Nanoosh near Lincoln Center.

Nov 6th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

Nov 7th, after work, I attended the annual BFP “Pathmakers to Peace” event at Plymouth Church in Brooklyn Heights.  Worked with the other BFP fundraising committee members on assisting the event and it was a successful evening.

Nov 8th, after work, I joined some friends [ie: Pauline, Deborah and Margaret] for a tasty dinner at Royal Siam Thai restaurant.  Conversation was diverse, interesting and informative.

Nov 9th, after taking care of some errands and laundry, I headed into Manhattan for the HP Avada KedavRock 2019 hosted by my friend Irvin.  It was great fun and the antics were hilarious.  Afterwards, I headed down to the Manhattan Theater Club to visit with a friend and see some of the play “Height of the Storm”.

Nov 12th, after work, I attended Leanna Renee Hieber’s latest book launch at WORD in Brooklyn.

Nov 14th, worked late at the office due to company board meeting. At home, I jumped on a fun phone call with a friend in Canada.

Nov 16th, I hung out with a friend to see the excellent film “The Good Liar”, and have a tasty lunch at Nanoosh.  Afterwards, we parted ways, and I did some holiday shopping at Pottery Barn.

Nov 17th, I participated in the “NYC Underground Subway Tour” from City Hall on up to Grand Central Station.  The fun and informative tour took 2.5 to 3 hours.  Afterwards, I walked over to Bryant Park to check out the holiday booths.

Nov 19th, after work, I attended the monthly BFP PEJ committee meeting, which was productive and interesting.

Nov 20th, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Buddhist discussion meeting.

Nov 21st, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

Nov 23rd, after doing some errands, I headed into Manhattan to attend the enjoyable “NYC Friends of Tolkien” meetup at the Rail Line Diner.  Afterwards, I leisurely strolled to the Bowery, and joined the “Ultimate Greenwich Village Ghost Tour”.  Our guide was my friend Leanna and she provided us with a wealth of interesting stories.

Nov 25th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure in my hood.

Nov 28th, for the 13th year in a row I volunteered with Project FIND and assisting homebound seniors.

Nov 29th to Dec 1st, I visited with Mom in upstate NY for the holiday weekend. Friday and Saturday; we were busy with errands, chores, hair salon, groceries and dining out. Had to leave early on Sunday, as a snowstorm was heading our way.


No comments: