Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Why is it ... when dealing with "dating services" like Yahoo Personals or Match.com ... guys will write to you for abit and then disappear. [I guess if a gal doesn't ask them out or start talking about sex, they lose interest. Geez!] Or, they'll give you their number and say "call me ... now". I'll give them my number and say a lady never calls a gent the "first time". Then I never hear from them ever again. Or they claim they called and I know damn well they didn't. Sigh! Dating standards have really soured over the years. Yah know. I feel if a chap is really interested in you then he'll make that first phone call and treat a lady with respect. Right?!? I mean, the chap wrote to me first, so he must be interested. Seems like there are lot of chaps out there who don't want to persue a gal and rather she do all the work. Well folks, that is not right. The few times I have persued a chap in the past [years ago] they turn around and treat me like crap. Now your probably thinking its the younger fella's who are behaving in this fashion. Yes and no! I'm talking about men my own age or five years older! Sad ... very sad. Sorry for the rant ... but I'm PMSing and needed to get this little angst off my chest. Okay ... I feel somewhat better now. Did I mention its bitterly cold outside and the wind just rips right through yah. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments: