Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Another couple of busy weeks at work, as well as a few social commitments et al, have kept me from making entries into my journal. Well, at least the weather isn't as bitterly cold as it has been. Wicked weather back in January ... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Have some free time and will convey a quick summary of latest events. Just recently started corresponding with a new fella and he sounds great. We haven't met yet, but from our few email exchanges, well folks, he sounds marvelous and I like his photo too. :-)

My friend Anni had a sweet, healthy, little baby girl [Rachel] on Tuesday, January 28th. She called me a few days after the event to briefly chat. Anni sounds happy, says the baby is sooo cute, her hubby a proud Papa and she's looking forward to going home. My co-worker [Lyra] is still out of office on short-term disability and we hope she'll be back in office on Feb 17th. She is due to have her baby in early March.

The office situation is abit improved from when I last made an entry on Jan 19th. That overly demanding, pain in the ass executive now has a different secretary and at a different location. Amen!

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I learned that Pearl Jam tix would be available via the 10 Club. These are special tix for fans and are usually situated within the first 10 rows at gigs. Yeah baby ... right there ... up close and personal. We members have to send separate money orders and state which gigs/dates we want. At first I was soooo excited about this news and calling PJ friends [emailing too]. Then the bad news ... I'd forgotten to renew my membership with the club back in October 2002. Oh my god! I was so upset about that and in tears. Made phone calls, sent emails and things seem to be resolved. So many wonderful, supportive friends who listened to my rants and helped me to work things out. I am so looking forward to meeting Josee and Michelle in July. Their coming to NYC to visit me and go to two PJ shows. I'll also get to meet up with Cynthia, Andrea, Erica and hopefully Sarah. Pearl Jam's first gig on their "Riot Act" tour begins this Saturday in Australia, then goes to Japan, followed by a break and then doing an extensive USA tour. WooHoo!

This past Saturday, February 1st, I went up to Yonkers and the ferret shelter. Always a joy getting to see the furkids. Several had been adopted since my last visit and Joanne mentioned at least four orphans coming in this week. Also got to see my new friend Aliza and her daughter Briana. They didn't have little Vanilla with them, as they'd just come from religious school & temple. While at the shelter they did adopt another ferret, as a cagemate for Vanilla, and christened this fella Chocolate.

At 6:30pm I have a session with my personal trainer and again on Thursday evening.

Yeah, yeah, its a short entry and I do apologize. Just noticed the time and need to wrap things up before I split. Peace!

No comments: