Wednesday, April 16, 2008

PERSONAL NEWS #141
March 21st through March 23rd, I visited my parents in upstate NY for the Easter holiday weekend.

On Tuesday evening, March 25th, after my foot doctor appointment, I joined several activist acquaintances in Union Square for the candlelight vigil. The 4000th US soldier was killed in Iraq the day before and we were out there to mourn ALL the soldiers. Despite the cool, windy temps there was a good turnout for the event; which was organized by CodePink, Brooklyn Parents for Peace and UFPJ. Afterwards Linda G and I went to Starbucks for a warm drink and discuss latest events.

Wednesday evening, March 26th, I participated in the monthly National DoP District Team Leader conference call at 9pm.

On Thursday, March 27th, after work, I attended an Isagenix event in Manhattan with my friend Cielito. She invited me as her guest, as she’s been part of this network/organization for about a year, and wanted me to check it out. Got to try some of the products, listen to inspiring speeches, watch a video on Isagenix and overall learn more about it. Not sure if I’m ready to be part of this business on a part-time basis, but I AM very much interested in the products AND utilizing them.

On Saturday afternoon, March 29th, I hosted an Isagenix [ http://www.isagenix.com/us/en/home.dhtml ] presentation at my home and Cielito was the spokesperson/consultant. Stephanie and Lee attended the gathering and we all had a nice time, plus tried some of the delicious products.

Sunday afternoon, March 30th, I took a bus from Port Authority to Valley Cottage, NY for the annual “Tolkien Reading Day” event. This year it was held at the Valley Cottage library and about 12+ were in attendance. Unfortunately Jessica and Anthony couldn’t be there due to prior commitments. Those in attendance that I knew were Timdalf, Dennis, Kathy, Mary and Andie. Helped Timdalf hang up the lovely LOTR banners as guests joined in event. During the two hour agenda there was songs by Dennis/ Andie, a raffle of several LOTR goodies and several folk, including me, gave readings from either the Hobbit or LOTR books by Tolkien. I read a small segment from “The Council of Elrond” in FOTR. Wasn’t that good at it, abit nervous, messed up a few words, but I persevered until the end. The best reading, by far, was by Timdalf. After cleaning up we headed off to a local pizza place for some nourishment and lively conversation on several topics. Andie drove me to a bus stop in Nyack and I got home around 9:30pm.

No comments: