Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Letter to the President on Healthcare

Mr. President,

With all due respect, I do not believe that your rhetoric matches the reality. You are afraid to challenge the status quo as represented by the insurance industry.

I support single payer health care, HR 676, which you do not. You do not speak for me, nor other Americans, on health care reform.

On this issue, it seems that you prefer to compromise with the Republicans in Congress in name of achieving some form of consensus.

Don't count me in. I dissent from your plan.

I support single payer. Medicare should be extended to ALL Americans. "We the People" demand it! It works for the elderly. And single payer works in Europe and Canada.

It is time to be a leader instead of letting the Republicans set the national agenda once again.

Respectfully, Ms C of B

No comments: