Saturday, June 19, 2010

PERSONAL NEWS #183
Wednesday, June 2nd, I attended the NYC LOST meetup at the Irish Rogue pub. We watched the last two episodes “What They Died For” and “The End” from season six. Not many of the regulars showed up at this meetup. Those I sat with in our usual spot were Greg, Shannon, Erin and Jax.

Thursday, June 3rd, jumped on the “World Can’t Wait” conference call as a “lurker” at 10pm. The topic was mostly on the Israeli attacks on the May 31st flotilla to the Palestinians in Gaza.

Friday, June 4th, I volunteered with City Harvest at Union Square’s farmers market.

Saturday afternoon, June 5th, I participated in “Stitch ‘n’ Pitch” at METS CitiField, along with 400+ other folk crocheting for the Guinness Book of World Records [2pm]. Afterwards I joined Deborah, Deanna, Jenna, Thom and Tanu at our seats for the Mets/Marlin game which started at 4pm.

Our seats were out in the left field section looking down at 3rd base. Despite the heat and humidity, I enjoyed the game and atmosphere at the stadium. It was a great game and the METS won 6-1. Hurray!


Sunday afternoon, June 6th, I joined Mary, Tim and Dennis in visiting our fellow Tolkien friend Kathy at Mt Sinai rehabilitation, were she is recovering from a mild stroke. Kathy really enjoyed the visit and we caught up on news. Afterwards Tim, Dennis and I had a lite repast at “One Fish Two Fish” on Madison Avenue near East 97th Street.

Tuesday, June 8th, I had a foot doctor appt for therapy on my left foot. My doctor tells me that the nerves in the foot take a good year to “recover” from the surgery. July 31st will mark the one year anniversary since my foot surgery. Afterwards, I headed back up to midtown for the “City Harvest Volunteer Appreciation Party” at HB Burger. Very nice turnout and mostly hung out with Joe, Daniel and Angela. Upon arriving at home I jumped on the monthly “Peace Alliance” conference call at 9pm. The guest speaker was Chic Dambach, and he mostly talked about “peace building”.

Wednesday, June 9th, I participated in the NYdoPeace CCR team conference call.

June 10-13, was ill with stomach and intestinal issues. Took sick days from work and had to cancel several commitments. I caught up on some reading, watching LOST and a few Harry Potter DVDs.

Early Monday evening, June 14th, I attended the John Granger lecture down in Greenwich Village on “Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows”. Many TGTSNBN members attended the event, and as with PotterPundits, John Granger really digs deeply into the “meaning” of Deathly Hallows. Check out http://www.hogwartsprofessor.com/ for more on the Harry Potter books and John Granger.

Tuesday, June 15th, I participated in the NydoPeace “creative” meeting. Our focus was on creating “Independence Day” cards that we’ll mail to NY City Council members. The focus is geared towards Dept of Peace [HR808], NYC Resolution 14 and working towards non-violent communication/action in our communities. Check out NydoPeace website at http://www.nyc-dop.com/ OR go to the national site at http://www.thepeacealliance.org/

No comments: