Wednesday, July 31, 2013

PERSONAL NEWS #222
On July 4th, I hung out with my friend Jackie in the evening to enjoy a leisurely dinner at Paros on 7th Avenue in Park Slope.

Over the July 5th – 7th weekend; I visited with the parents, brother, sister-in-law and their friend Charlie for a relaxing weekend.  Although we did lose electricity for 3 hours Friday evening after a nasty storm, it didn’t dampen our spirits.

July 8th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

July 9th, I attended the monthly BFP Peace Fair / Fundraising committee meeting, which was very productive.

July 11th, I attended an open BFP community meeting regarding “Stop U.S. Intervention in Syria”.  Where discussion centered on ... How can we stop U.S. intervention in Syria?  BFP strongly opposes US military intervention in Syria!  We urge the US, as well as the UN, the EU, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, to push as strongly as possible for a political and diplomatic resolution of this crisis.

July 12th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

June 13th, after my cleaning lady, Dana, did good work at my apt, I joined my friend Margaret at The Way Station bar in Brooklyn for a fun afternoon of Sherlockian antics and fundraising.  All fundraising proceeds go to support “Pathways to HousingNY”.  Visit their website at www.pathwaystohousingny.org to find out more and make a donation.

June 14th, I attended the “Justice for Trayvon” demonstration at Borough Hall in Brooklyn with my friend Joel and his girlfriend.  Good turnout of 200 to 300 strong in support and the hope that justice will prevail.  Zimmerman getting off with a “not guilty”, as well as receiving the murder weapon back in his possession has angered many around America.

June 15th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

June 16th, I attended a productive, informative monthly BFP A&C committee meeting.

June 17th, I volunteered at the WCW national office to assist with computer work.

June 18th, I attended the monthly “NYC Friends of Tolkien” meetup.  It was enjoyable with discussions on assorted topics and about 12+ in attendance.

June 19th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

June 22nd, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment, and afterwards I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

July 26th, I had a private yoga class with Fabrice at the yoga center.

On July 27th, after my chiropractor appt, I checked out the farmers market and street fair in my neighborhood.

July 28th, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment, and discussion on sleeping aids.

July 30th, I attended the monthly BCARP meeting to learn of latest developments / plans against the horrible proposed gas / fracking pipelines considered for Manhattan and Brooklyn.

July 31st, I had lung and bronchial issues, and rushed to the emergency room from work in car service.  Was at the emergency room from 6:15pm until 2am on Aug 1st, then took car service home from there.  Same issues as before, coughing up blood from my bronchial tubes.  So annoying, but have to go to ER in case there is internal bleeding.  Thankfully there wasn't.  Whew!

No comments: