Tuesday, October 01, 2013

PERSONAL NEWS #224
Sept 2nd, I headed back to NYC from the long Labor Day weekend.  I joined in on a regular yoga class with Fabrice teaching and afterwards got to play with Shiva for abit.

Sept 3rd, I participated in the BFP board members urgent conference call regarding the Syrian situation.

Sept 4th, I had a much needed chiropractor appt.

Sept 5th, I attended the monthly BFP board members meeting, which predominately centered on the Syrian situation.

Sept 6th to 8th, I headed back upstate NY for Carol and Art’s wedding.  I stayed with my parents, as they were also guests at the wedding, and Carol had asked me to be the photographer.

Sept 9th, after work I attended a vigil / protest regarding “NO TO WAR IN SYRIA” in the Ft Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn.  This “Vigil for Syria” was hosted by Ft Greene Peace AND Brooklyn for Peace.

Sept 10th, I attended a productive monthly BFP Fund/PF committee meeting, as we get closer to the “event” set for October.

Sept 11th, I participated in the monthly Peace Alliance conference call.  The guest speaker was Sam Daley-Harris, founder of RESULTS and author of the book "Reclaiming Our Democracy: Healing the Break between People and Government." Sam has helped thousands of ordinary citizens transform from hopelessness into extraordinarily powerful advocates.  Sam is now working with The Peace Alliance, coaching them to deepen their grassroots organizing efforts.

Sept 13th, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment, and afterwards a private yoga class with Fabrice.

Sept 14th, I met up with my friend Jackie at the Prospect Park zoo for a nice afternoon outing.  Afterwards we strolled through the park to Barnes & Noble in Park Slope, and then wrapped up the day with dinner at FAROS on 7th Avenue.

Sept 15th, I volunteered to assist with tabling for Brooklyn for Peace [BFP] at the Flatbush Frolics on Cortelyou Road.  Sunny, warm weather with abit of a breeze and spoke with many people about BFP, NYC politics, Syria, etc.

Sept 16th, I attended the monthly BFP A&C committee meeting, of which I am co-chair.  Meeting was productive, informative and our guest [Karen Malpede] talked about her new play “Extreme Weather”.

Sept 17th, I attended an informative and interesting monthly BFP PEJ committee meeting at Matt’s house in a lovely part of Prospect Heights [Bkln].

Sept 20th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

Sept 21st, I went briefly into Manhattan to meet with Wendy and decide/purchase trimmings for my fancy robes.  Then off to Port Authority to purchase bus tickets for excursion on Sunday.

Sept 22nd, I travelled up to Valley Cottage, NY with Carole, Laura and Fari to attend Timdalf’s annual Bilbo and Frodo birthday picnic.  The weather was abit cool, but all who attended had a good time.

Sept 23rd, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

Sept 24th, I participated in the BFP Fundraising / PF committee meeting and we are making progress for the upcoming “Pathmakers to Peace” event, which is slated for October 20th.

Sept 25th / 26th, is crazy busy at work with the annual International Tax conference taking place this week, and I am doing volunteering for it.  It is very tiring work.

Evening of Sept 26th, I attended the Neko Case concert at RCMH, which was very enjoyable.

On Sept 27th, saw more of the International Tax conference and my having health issues with lungs.  This resulted in leaving abit early from work and getting antibiotics that my lung doctor called into the pharmacy.

Over the weekend of Sept 28th and 29th, I rented some Sherlock Holmes [starring Jeremy Brett] DVDs for a marathon viewing while I recovered from health issues.


Sept 30th, I attended my private yoga class with Fabrice and Shiva.

No comments: