Wednesday, April 22, 2015

For the past three years I create a delicious, healthy, organic smoothie for breakfast every day.  About 1.5 years ago I started recording it, along with other thoughts, on my Facebook page.

Here is another sampling from The Daily Smoothie Report … Brought to you by the Iron vitamin, or lack thereof. Before going on about Iron deficiency; here is my smoothie combo of the morning created with water, raspberries, blueberries, kale, spinach, broccoli and ginger.

Why am I going on about Iron. Well, I had an appt with my lung doctor the other day and he said my system was low on Iron. I wish to get my Iron from healthy eating, juicing and smoothies. I am not keen on taking Iron pills. They make me constipated and really don’t boost my Iron count. So here is some news on Iron………..

Many vegetarians and vegans worry about getting enough iron in their diet. Since meat is traditionally thought of as the main source of iron, vegetarians need to find different sources to help them reach their recommended amount of iron each day. Fortunately, there are several delicious and easy-to-prepare options that are both rich in iron and vegetarian-friendly.


What has a good source of Iron … Brussel Sprouts, raisins, lentils, pumpkin seeds, soybeans, pinto beans, arugula, collard greens, black beans, brown rice prune juice, oatmeal, potatoes, tofu, lima beans, broccoli, kale, dark chocolate [YUM!], sunflower seeds, peas, strawberries and spinach. Hum, a good list of healthy options for me to partake of and boost my Iron count.

No comments: