Monday, January 01, 2018

PERSONAL NEWS #274
Dec 2nd, I had a private yoga session with Fabrice at my apt, and in the afternoon, took care of errands / chores.  Plus, I finished my holiday decorating in the apt.

Dec 3rd, I attended the annual holiday luncheon gathering hosted by friends [ie: Joe & Marie] out in Queens at an Italian restaurant. Great time was had by all at this gathering. I got to see friends whom I haven’t seen for quite some time. Diverse topics of conversation were on tap, as well as much laughter.

Dec 5th, worked late again at the office and missed out on the Slow Gongyo session at the SGI center.

Dec 6th, I had lunch with a friend from HP TGTSNBN near work. He’s moving to a new apt in Astoria sometime in January.

Dec 8th, after work, I joined some friends for dinner, and then we strolled over to Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center and St Patrick’s Cathedral to see all the holiday lights. It was crowded, but very enjoyable.

Dec 9th, NYC had the first official snowfall of about 4 inches, and it was lovely to watch. Also, after a few errands, I picked up framed items from Imagic Studio for the parents.

Dec 10th, I joined my friend Margaret and her Mom around 5pm to attend the Downton Abbey exhibit on West 57th Street. It was 2.5 wonderful hours in viewing items from the hit TV show. I made several purchases from the gift shop.

Dec 13th, after work, I had an appt with my internal medicine doctor. It went very well.

Dec 15th, our office had its holiday event in the afternoon at the Bowlmar Lanes in midtown. It was 2.5 hours of fun and food.

Dec 16th, while my cleaning lady took care of my apt, I took care of several errands and chores. Afterwards, I had a private yoga session with Fabrice at my apt and I gave him some Rumballs. From there I headed over to Bushwick for a 2-hour SGI Buddhist meeting/chanting at a very nice lady’s apt. Inspiring meeting and met several new people. I then got a much-needed manicure before doing some shopping for my upcoming holiday gathering.

Dec 17th, I hosted a holiday dinner gathering at my apt and several good friends came to enjoy. We started around 4pm and finished at 10pm. I had the food catered from The Jungle CafĂ©, and as always, it was all so delicious. A good time was had by all and diverse conversation too.

Dec 18th, after work, I had a physical therapy session with my therapist for my ankle / foot.

Dec 20th, after work, I did volunteering at the WCW office uptown. I assisted the staff with computer work.

Dec 21st, today at the office, we held two different board meetings, and then the holiday gathering at Rocco’s Steakhouse on Madison Avenue. All the events went very well.

Dec 22nd to 24th, I headed up to the parents for the holiday weekend. There was some snowfall on Friday afternoon, but with my Jeep Cherokee 4-wheel drive rental, I was able to handle it. I took care of chores, errands, hair salon appt, breakfast at Benson’s, and exchanging gifties. Due to the forecast snowstorm for Xmas Day, I headed back to NYC on Xmas Eve.

Dec 26th, I had lunch with Mike from Locker Associates to discuss black car business.

Dec 27th, after work, I joined my friend TJ to see the Doctor Who Xmas special at the cinema.

Dec 28th, I have a vacation day from work, and utilized it for two appts.  Saw a new foot doctor, as my previous doctor retired, and still dealing with issues of three toes.  Afterwards, I had a physical therapy session for my ankle / foot.  Then headed back to my neighborhood for my mini “staycation” at the Box House hotel for one night.  The room was on the top floor with a small balcony and a view of Manhattan.  The king size bed was very comfy, large bathroom and a big flat screen with cable TV.  Had a relaxing, enjoyable time.

Dec 29th, I had another vacation day from work.  I headed into Manhattan to go out to lunch with a high school friend of mine.  We went down to Grammercy Park and had a leisurely lunch at a sushi place on Irving Place.  After dropping Carla off at GCS, I did some shopping, then a light dinner at a diner before meeting Wendy at the theater.  I volunteered as usherette for the play “The Children”.

Dec 30th, after a private yoga session with Fabrice at my apt, I took care of many errands, and then head into Manhattan.  My friend Margaret and I went to the movies to see “The Last Jedi”, which we both enjoyed.

No comments: