Monday, July 02, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #280
June 3rd, I visited a good friend of mine up in Westchester County for the afternoon.  We visited our old hometown to catch up on memories.  Brunch, exchange Christmas gifties, cemetery tour, visited a museum, and run into old acquaintances.

June 4th, after work, I had a much-needed appt with my chiropractor for my lower back.

June 5th, after work, I had a one-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt.  Needed it for my back and neck.

June 6th, after work, I had a dental appt for partial prep work and one cavity fix.

June 7th, after work, I did some shopping at TJ Max and then visited a friend at Broadway theatre where she works.

June 8th, after work, I invited two local SGI Buddhist friends over to my apt for an hour of chanting and discussion.  It was fun, interesting and informative.

June 9th, after my massage therapy session, I headed to the annual Brooklyn Pride event, and volunteered with Brooklyn for Peace tabling.  It was a warm day and our team chatted with many individuals.

June 10th, I joined a friend of mine for an outing to the Bronx Zoo, and afterwards a delicious late lunch at the Italian restaurant called Carlo’s in Yonkers.  Best marinara sauce I have ever had in years with penne pasta.

June 11th, after work, I attended the monthly BFP Fundraising meeting, and it was productive.

June 12th, after work, I had a one-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt.  Needed it for my back, neck and legs.

June 13th, before heading into work, I had a dental appt for the final phase of partials.  Next week is the last visit.  After work, I had a delicious dinner at The Jungle Café in my hood.

June 15th, I had lunch with a friend in the Wall Street area, and after work, I got a much-needed manicure.

June 16th, I head up to Westchester County, via Metro North, for a delightful afternoon visit with a friend I had not seen in several years.  We had a delicious Asian lunch at Wild Fusion and then hung out at her home on the back deck.  Back in Manhattan, I went to B&N to purchase several DVDs … Foyle’s War box set, The Greatest Showman and Black Panther.

June 19th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt, and needed it for full body.

June 21st, I took a late lunch hour for my second to last dental appt and finally got the partials input.

June 22nd, during my lunch hour, a co-worker assisted me in purchasing a new cellphone and setting it up.  After work, I headed uptown to the Integral Yoga Institute on West 13th Street about taking classes.

June 23rd, after my housekeeper took care of my apt, I completed several errands before heading into Manhattan to see the Avengers: Infinity War film with a friend, and then dinner at Theatre Row diner.

June 24th, during the afternoon I volunteered with Brooklyn for Peace at their table during the annual Smith Street Fair.

June 26th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt.  Needed it for my back, neck and legs.

June 27th, after work, I had my last dental appt, from the ongoing work over 2.5 years.  I will not have to go again until October for a cleaning and follow-up.

June 28th, after work, I attended a delightful fundraiser for Brooklyn for Peace at a member’s home and the guest speaker was the Honorable Liz Holtzman.  Ms. Holtzman talked about the Watergate scandal, Nixon’s impeachment and correlations of that era to the present situation in DC.

June 29th, after work, I attended a reading event at the Oasis Gardens, were a friend of mine was one of the featured authors.

June 30th, after doing several errands, and getting a much-needed manicure, I headed into Manhattan to dine at Royal Siam with several friends.  Afterwards, I did some shopping at WholeFoods.

No comments: