Tuesday, July 31, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #281
July 1st, after getting a much-needed pedicure in my hood, I hosted a dinner party for a few long-time friends.  Great food, diverse conversation on interesting topics and wonderful air conditioning.

July 2nd, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at my apt.  Needed it for my back, neck and legs.

July 5th to 8th, I visited the parents in upstate NY for the holiday weekend.  Took care of errands, chores, hair salon, and out to breakfast a few mornings.  Weather started out hot and then cooled off by Friday evening.

July 9th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

June 10th, after work, I stopped by Jerry’s Artarama Store near Union Square for watercolor painting supplies.

July 12th, after work, I met up with two ex-co-workers [previous job of 16 years] at Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ [West 44th Street] for dinner and gossip.  It was a fun evening and good food.

July 13th, after work, I took the 6:11pm East River ferryboat to my hood, as the weather was quite nice.

July 14th, at my chiropractor’s office, I had a 30-minute massage therapy for my lower back.  Afterwards, I did errands and chores before heading into Manhattan.  Went to see the film “Antman and the Wasp” with a friend, and then dinner at the Westway diner on 9th Avenue.

July 15th, I got a much-needed manicure in my hood.

July 16th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

July 17th, after work, I attended the productive monthly BFP Fundraising committee meeting in Brooklyn.

July 18th, I had lunch with a friend, and we mostly talked about his Dumbledore book launch slated for July 31st.

July 19th, after work, I attended a Nichiren Buddhist meeting in my hood.  Chanting, discussion and studying was on the agenda.

July 23rd, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

July 24th, after work, I attended the productive monthly BFP PEJ committee meeting in Brooklyn.

July 25th, took a sick day from work.  I had an appt with my internal medicine doctor for a follow-up visit.  As well, as obtaining lung medication.

July 26th, after work, I had an interesting and informative Buddhist meeting and chanting at my apt.

July 27th, after work, I attended the Sartorial Geek Harry Potter house party at WORD bookstore in my hood.

July 28th, I enjoyed a delicious lunch, with a friend, at Royal Siam restaurant on 8th Avenue in Manhattan.

July 31st, after work, I headed up to Books of Wonder for two fun hours of Irvin’s book launch regarding Albus Dumbledore.  Met up with friends and acquaintances I haven’t seen for quite some time.

No comments: