Monday, October 01, 2018


PERSONAL NEWS #283
Sept 1st to 9th, I was on vacation from work.  Visiting with the parents in upstate NY to take care of them.  Took care of many errands, chores, hair salon, and paperwork for medical services, celebrated my father’s 83rd birthday and dined out with friends of the parents.

Sept 10th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Sept 11th, received call from Mom, stating that Dad was rushed to ER with pneumonia and pulmonary edema.  He will be in ICU for a while.

Sept 13th, after work, I joined a friend of mine to see the NY Mets beat the FL Marlins out at Citi Fields.

Sept 15th / 16th, I visited with the parents in upstate NY to help with errands, chores, shopping, plus visit Dad in the hospital.

Sept 17th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Sept 18th, after work, got a manicure and then did some grocery shopping.

Sept 19th, after work, I went to the SGI center near Union Square to do 30-minutes of chanting with others.  It is always an uplifting experience.

Sept 21st, after work, I saw several wonderful exhibits at the Morgan Library & Museum.

Sept 22nd, I joined a friend of mine in visiting the NY Botanical Gardens during a nice, leisurely afternoon.  The Georgia O’Keefe exhibit was terrific, as was the exhibit in the greenhouse on Hawaiian plants / flowers, and we enjoyed the tram ride around the gardens.  Back in Manhattan, I had a delicious dinner near Union Square at Nanoosh.

Sept 23rd, I volunteered with BFP at their table during the Atlantic Antic street fair.  Afterwards, I did some grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s.

Sept 24th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Sept 27th, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Buddhist planning / study meeting in my hood.

Sept 29th, I joined a friend of mine up near Warwick, NY in visiting the lovely “Pacem in Terris” gardens with funky artwork on a perfect autumn day.  We had a late lunch in Warwick, apple picking, shopping in Sugarloaf, watched a sunset, and wrapped it up with dinner down in Irvington, NY at a terrific Thai place.

Sept 30th, I got a much-needed manicure in my hood.

No comments: