Thursday, January 03, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #286
Dec 1st, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.  Afterwards, I joined two friends of mine visiting from Canada, and we went to The Jungle Café for dinner in my hood.  Then back to my apt for dessert and tea.

Dec 2nd, I attended the second annual JRR Tolkien Silmarillion panel discussion at Simple Studios.  Afterwards, I went out to dinner with three other friends to Rin Thai Cuisine restaurant on West 23rd Street.

Dec 5th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure, and then ordered catering from The Jungle Café for an upcoming dinner party.

Dec 6th, after work, I attended the annual “Pathmakers to Peace” event at Plymouth Church and hosted by Brooklyn for Peace.  I was able to speak briefly with Congresswoman Clarke and Velasquez.

Dec 7th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Dec 9th, I hosted my annual holiday gathering at my humble apt with several good friends.  We enjoyed the delicious food catered by The Jungle Café while talking on many topics, one of which was current politics.

Dec 13th, I learned from Mom that Dad is back in the hospital in southwestern VT with some heart troubles.  After work, I went to the gift stores in GCS to purchase items for the holidays.

Dec 14th, the office holiday gathering was held at Chelsea Piers with food, drink and bowling.  Afterwards, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Dec 15th to 16th, I visited with Mom in upstate NY, as Dad is back in the hospital with heart issues.

Dec 18th, I took a friend out for a holiday lunch, and we talked about the film “The Crimes of Grindervald”.  After work, I ventured up to the Union Square Holiday Market, and purchased a few goodies.  Then it was off to the SGI Cultural Center to do some serious chanting and attend a free lecture.

Dec 19th, after work, I attended the annual BCF [board members] holiday dinner party at Rocco’s.

Dec 22nd to 25th, I visited with Mom in upstate NY.  In addition, we saw Dad every day at the CLR and went out for meals on several occasions.  I took care of errands, chores, shopping and watching cable tv.

Dec 27th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure.

Dec 28th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Dec 29th, I joined my friend Margaret and we went to see the film “Mary Poppins Returns”.  It was enjoyable, though we did not care for the five-minute segment with Meryl Streep.  Visited the Bryant Park Holiday Market and the soon to be closed Lord & Taylor.

Dec 30th, at 7am I received a phone call from the CLR stating that my father had passed away in his sleep.  We knew this was coming down the turnpike, but still, when hearing it is so upsetting.  Change of plans for that day; plus many phone calls and texting to family / friends.  A good friend of mine drove me upstate NY to my parents’ house.  Mom and I took care of things at the funeral parlor.  We got some Chinese food for dinner and my friend stayed overnight.

Dec 31st, my good friend took me to the car rental place, as well as the CLR to pick up my father’s belongings.  Rest of the day Mom and I sorted through paperwork and more calls.  Spent the evening watching movies on cable tv until midnight.

No comments: