Thursday, January 31, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #287
Jan 1st, Mom and I spent the afternoon visiting with my brother and his wife in the Schenectady area.

Jan 2nd, I took Mom to breakfast at Benson’s for a New Year’s treat.  Then it was off to attend to many errands / chores before heading back to NYC.

Jan 3rd, after work, I joined other friends / acquaintances at the Rail Line diner to celebrate the 127th birthday of Professor Tolkien.

Jan 5th, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.  Afterwards, I joined a good friend in Manhattan to see “Aquaman” at the cinema.  We both enjoyed the film, and then, we went to dinner at Dallas BBQ.

Jan 6th, I went out to lunch with a good friend to The Jungle CafĂ©, and while there, we exchanged Christmas gifties.  We caught up on news and gossip while enjoying delicious vegan food.

Jan 7th, after work, I got a much-needed pedicure in my hood, and chatted with a friend on the phone about her job interview.

Jan 9th, after work, I attended a wonderful event at the NY Historical Society called “An Evening with Jim Dale”.  Jim talked about his early days in entertainment / theater, plus what it was like to record all seven of the Harry Potter audio books.  He looked and sounded great.

Jan 11th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Jan 15th, after work, I attended the informative and productive monthly BFP PEJ committee meeting.

Jan 16th, after work, I attended the productive monthly BFP Fundraising committee meeting.

Jan 17th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure

Jan 18th, after work, I had a 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.  Ongoing therapy for my back, neck, legs and lungs.

Jan 19th, I took care of many errands, chores, groceries and laundry.

Jan 20th, I went to see the excellent film “Green Book” with a good friend.  I highly recommend it.  Afterwards, we had a tasty dinner at Ollie’s on West 42nd Street off 9th Avenue.

Jan 22nd, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Kent district discussion meeting on Bedford Avenue.  It has been quite some time since I last attended a meeting.  It felt good to reconnect with other Nichiren Buddhist followers and the chanting was uplifting.

Jan 25th to 27th, I visited with Mom in upstate NY for a long weekend to help with errands, chores, groceries, CLR, dining out with friends and sorting through things in the house.

Jan 29th, I attended the Fred Pryor seminar “Excel – Beyond the Basics” training.  Afterwards, I headed down to the office for about 3 hours to catch up on work.

No comments: