Monday, April 01, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #289
March 2nd, I headed up to the NY Botanical Gardens with a good friend to view the annual Orchid Show.  As always, it was lovely to see, and less crowds due to the snow fall.  In addition, I ran into an ex-boss and his wife.  We had a wonderful chat about ole times.  Made purchases at the gift shop.  Afterwards, back in my hood, I enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Jungle Café.

March 3rd, I got a much-needed manicure, and then grocery shopping before doing laundry.

March 4th, after work, I had a much-needed 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt, as my lower back was bothering me.

March 5th, after work, I visited with my friend who has been taking care of my taxes for 20+ years.  After I treated him to dinner, we got to work on the taxes, and the outcome is I owe Fed/State.  Damn you 2017 Tax Plan!

March 6th, after work, I attended the productive monthly BFP Fundraising committee meeting.

March 9th, I joined a good friend in going to see the film “Captain Marvel”, and we both enjoyed it a lot.  Afterwards, we strolled down 42nd Street to have dinner at Ollies.

March 10th, I treated myself to a much-needed pedicure and manicure after doing some laundry.

March 11th, after work, I had a much-needed 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

March 12th, after work, I attended our second monthly BFP Arts & Culture Collective conference call.

March 13th, after work, I had a much-needed chiropractor appt for my neck, back and lumbar region.  At home, I jumped on the monthly BFP board members meeting / call.

March 14th, after work, I joined three friends for dinner and conversation at The Cauldron down in the Wall Street area.  It was a fun, enjoyable evening.

March 16th / 17th, visit with Mom in upstate NY to help with errands, chores, grocery shopping and dining out at our favorite restaurants.

March 18th, after work, I had a much-needed 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

March 21st and 22nd, worked late at the office until 8pm due to back-to-back meetings and other duties.

March 23rd, I took care of many errands, chores, groceries and laundry, plus more “spring cleaning” of apt.

March 24th, after I received a much-needed manicure, I headed into Manhattan for the annual “Tolkien Reading Day” held at Simple Studios.  A decent turnout, many good readings and afterwards a few of us went to dinner on 7th Avenue to a nice Japanese restaurant.

March 25th, after work, I had a much-needed 1.5-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

March 26th, during my lunch hour, I had an appt with a new acupuncturist in my office bldg.

March 27th, after work, I attended a BFP forum called “War and the Green Economy” with keynote speaker Medea Benjamin of CodePink.

March 29th, after work, I joined three friends at the Morgan Library and Museum to see the wonderful Tolkien exhibit.  Visited the gift shop and then we had a tasty dinner at a local diner sprinkled with fun conversation.

March 30th / 31st, I finished up with the spring cleaning; plus assorted chores, errands, grocery shopping, laundry and attending a SGI Buddhist meeting.

No comments: