Monday, June 03, 2019

PERSONAL NEWS #291
May 1st – 2nd, took two sick days from work due to nasty sinus / allergy issues.

May 4th, I met up with a friend of mine for dinner, and we caught up on news and gossip.

May 5th, got a much-needed manicure at a salon in my hood.

May 6th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

May 7th, after work, I joined a friend in seeing a movie on Tolkien at the cinema.

May 8th, after work, I attended the productive and informative monthly BFP board members meeting.

May 10th, after work, I visited the Morgan Library and Museum to see several exhibits and visit the gift shop.

May 12th, Mom was rushed to ER in the morning with a 100-degree temperature.  Thankfully, the ER was able to assist her, bring down the temperature, and find out it was not Flu nor Pneumonia.  She was able to go home around noontime.  Amen!  Later on, I had dinner with a friend at YUBA and then we saw the film “Avengers Endgame”.  Even better the second time around.

May 13th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

May 15th, after work, I jumped on the conference call with BFP fundraising committee regarding an upcoming event in early June.

May 16th, after work, I attended the event [How to Deal with a Complainer] at the 92nd Street YMCA.

May 18th, after getting a much-needed manicure, I headed up to the NY Botanical Gardens via Metro North.  Weather was a lovely, sunny spring day.  Afterwards, I jumped back on the train to the city, and visited a friend so that she could get my measurements for my HP Hogwarts robes.

May 19th, I volunteered with BFP at the annual Fabulous 5th Avenue street fair on another lovely spring day.  BFP tables at the street fair every year and we did well.

May 20th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

May 23rd to 27th, I visited with Mom over the Memorial Day weekend. Prep work on Thursday for Dad’s funeral services on the 24th.  The day of Dad’s services was overcast and abit cool.  After Mom and I got our hair done at the salon, we had breakfast at Country Gals Cafe, changed into our “funeral outfits”, picked up two friends and headed to the cemetery near Saratoga.  Many friends and relatives joined us.  The free military services were nicely conducted, and Dad’s urn was placed in a special “compartment”.  Afterwards, we joined others at the American Legion for food, drink and eulogy’s.  Mom’s brother and sister-in-law stayed with us through 26th.  It was great seeing them.  Road trip around southwestern VT, breakfast at Benson’s, shopping, errands, chores, gardening, relaxation, reading, cable tv, etc.  Overall a good weekend.

May 29th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

May 31st, after work, I went to see “Avengers Endgame” for a third time at the cinema.

No comments: