Wednesday, July 31, 2019


PERSONAL NEWS #293
July 2nd, after work, I had an appt with foot doctor for continued treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.

July 4th, office closed for the holiday.  I enjoyed a delicious Sushi lunch with a friend in my hood. We caught up on news. Volunteered as usher with another friend at the Broadway play INK in the evening. Excellent play, which closes this Sunday, so get your tix now. Afterwards, I joined a few friends for dinner before heading home.

July 6th / 7th, I visited Mom in upstate NY to assist with errands, chores, groceries, antique shopping, and farmers market and out to breakfast with friends.

July 8th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

July 9th, after work, I had an appt with foot doctor for continued treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.  Then home to jump on a BFP AC Committee conference call.

July 10th, after work, I jumped on a productive BFP fundraising committee conference call.

July 11th, after work, I attended the monthly SGI Buddhist meeting in my hood.

July 13th, after getting a much-needed manicure, I headed into Manhattan to join a friend at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the CAMP costume exhibit, plus the sunset views on the roof garden.

July 14th, after taking care of errands / chores, I did some shopping at Costco, and then a much-needed pedicure.

July 15th, after work, I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session with Eric at the apt.

July 16th, after work, I had an appt with foot doctor for continued treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.  Then headed uptown to meet with a friend for dinner and handle alterations of HP school robes.

July 17th, after work, I attended the delightfully fun off-Broadway musical PUFFS with other members of TGTSNBN.

July 20th, I headed up to Tarrytown on MetroNorth for the wonderfully delightful Harry Potter convention called “MistiCon” at a hotel.  The horrible heatwave was brutal over the weekend, but I staying in the air-conditioned hotel from 9:30am to 8:20pm.  Wore two different Hufflepuff costumes throughout the day and utilized a friend’s hotel room as my changing area.  Did some shopping at the crafts fair, sat in on some panel discussions, pro-photos taken by Babs, and chatting with many friends / acquaintances.

July 21st, I headed back up to Westchester County to visit with friends of the family in Pound Ridge and then Candlewood Lake in CT.  I took the remainder of my father’s ashes to spread around “certain parts” of Pound Ridge and Candlewood Lake.  The horrible heatwave was still with us and it is supposed to let up around Tuesday.  Many memories from my youth in visiting my old hometown and hanging out at Candlewood Lake.

July 23rd, after work, I went to the monthly SGI Kent District Buddhist meeting in my hood.

July 25th, during my lunch break I had an appt with foot doctor for continued treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.  After work, I attended a fun watercolor Meetup session near Madison Square Park.

July 27th, took care of many errands, chores, shopping, laundry and hired the services of a new housekeeper [Rani].  I had a much-needed 1-hour massage therapy session [4pm] with Eric at the apt. In the evening, I watched the sunset at a pier in my hood and enjoyed the lovely breeze.

July 30th, after work, I got a much-needed manicure in my hood.

No comments: