Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Good lord, has it been two weeks since my last entry? Yeah, I know, naughty me. I meant to write up a short bit this past Friday. Then one thing led to another here at work and before I knew it, 5pm rolled around and it was time to go home. A thousand and one apologies for my absence.

Damn ... can you believe it ... Xmas Eve will be here in a week and then a week later its New Years Eve! Geez! The year flew by so quickly. The good news is I finished my holiday gift shopping this past Saturday and wrapped everything last night. All my Xmas cards have been mailed, as well as gift parcels to friends here and abroad. Amen! Speaking of gifts ... I've been baking away these last few weekends making cookies and quick breads. This week I'm distributing my "goodie baskets" to co-workers, bosses, friends, personal trainers, etc. Today I received two nice gifts [ie: Guylian truffles & toiletries from Bath & Body Works] from one of my bosses [partner here at E&Y].

This past friday, December 13th, my father finally came home from the hospital. He's doing better, but still has a long ways to go in recovering from major colon surgery. A nurse comes to my parents home twice a day to clean, re-dress the incision and sometimes help Dad take a shower. He's on a special protein diet right now to help in the healing process. Once that is 100% okay he'll then be on a different diet to keep his colon healthy. This means no more beer, mixed nuts or fried foods. From now on he needs to consume more veggies, fruits and water. Dad's not happy about it, but the doctor laid down the rules to him in big, bold letters. Basically he needs to follow the "rules" or be dead. For now he's taking it easy at home ... this includes sleeping, watching cable tv, some socializing, healthy eating and reading newspapers. Mom is doing her best in coping with the whole situation. I'll be heading upstate NY this coming sunday and stay thru Xmas day. I'm sure I'll be busy helping them out around the house, as well as enjoying being away from the city.

Oops! Damn ... just saw the time. Must finish up work before heading to the gym and a one-hour, workout session with Personal Trainer. Happy Holidays!! Ho Ho Ho!!

No comments: