Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Well folks, sit back for a spell, as this will be a long entry. Several things are going on or have happened.

Hope everyone had a nice, safe, fun Thanksgiving holiday and started their Christmas shopping.

I spent the long holiday weekend with my family in upstate NY [near VT border]. Weather was cold with some snow on the ground. Seven of us sat down for turkey dinner with all the trimmings at 5:30pm. I usually don't eat much ... partook of sweet potatoes, stringbeans, roll and a little bit of turkey. Everyone else piled their plates high with food, plus a few of us were drinking a nice, fruity white wine. Most of the time I don't say much or act like a silly thing. Alot of my relatives don't seem to take me seriously and are always critical. Even when I'm straight-forward or serious, they'll still find something to joke about or critize. You bet its frustrating, annoying and my feelings do get hurt. With close friends I'll express my deep thoughts/reflections, but with a portion of my relatives, no way. Why set myself up just to be chopped down without a thought or care. Anyhow ... enough of that ... on Friday Mom, Dad, my brother and I went to Saratoga Springs and the huge Wilton Mall to do shopping. Damn! Was it ever crowded! Mom and I were saying to each other that last year, at this time, the Mall was practically empty. Many people stayed away from the Malls day after Turkey Day cause they were afraid terrorists would strike. Not this year! Mon dieu! Friday evening the relatives came over again for leftover turkey dinner and the usual bullshit. Saturday I got my hair done [ie: colored & trimmed]. That afternoon Mom and I went shopping over in Manchester & Bennington [VT]. Saturday evening my fathers health wasn't so good, but he refused to go to hospital. Stubborn man! Sunday morning was a different matter and he was worse. My uncle took him and my Mom over to Bennington Hospital. He's been there since then and yesterday had 1/3 of his colon surgically removed. Doctors are keeping him there until Friday. So thats my holiday weekend in a nutshell.

Came back to NYC Sunday afternoon, went grocery shopping and started putting up my Xmas decor that night. Finished the decorating and putting up the tree last night. So many lights, garland and pretty ornaments. The apartment is looking very colorful and festive. This coming weekend [Dec 7th & 8th] I start my holiday cookie baking. Every year I make about 8 to 10 different kind of cookies and brownies. Set up Xmas goodie containers with an assortment to give to friends, family and co-workers. Speaking of work, its been a nice steady stream of activity since yesterday morning. Some meeting cancellations, new travel plans and such for my bosses.

Did I mention its terribly COLD and WINDY outside. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lets see ... remember me briefly mentioning that chap from the midwest? Well, I haven't heard a peep from him in a week. He's either not interested, out of town on business or away on vacation. Oh well.................

I'm sure there are other bits of news to relate, but can't seem to recall it to mind. If it comes to mind I'll just tag on another entry. Gotta jet for now....................

Hiya ... I'm back! Just remembered that the pipes under Mom's kitchen sink decided to give us troubles on Turkey Day. After the meal Mom and I are cleaning up the table and notice the wet carpet under sink. Not a good sign! All underside was soaked with water. Had to clean it out and then my aunts hubby tried to fix it. Dad's terrible at fixing plumbing and would just bitch the whole time. So my aunts hubby had the honor. Got it to a point were Mom and I could do dishes, but it still needs to be taken care of by a professional. Also, over the weekend, watched some cable tv. Which was a treat for me, since my telly died back in May. So I caught up on a few movies and Foodtv Network. Love to watch Emeril! Oh, one last thing, with Dads help early Saturday [or was it Friday - anyhow] we put the white Xmas lights along the roof and porch of the house. Looks very nice. Okay ... I think I'm done babbling this time. Remember to keep rocking in the free world!

No comments: