Monday, June 02, 2003

Greetings all ... todays journal entry will be non-political. Hum ... do I hear a sigh of relief from my regular readers. For once I'm going to chat about fun things, instead of topics which depress us all. Anyhow................

This past Saturday was another wet, cool day/evening in the Big Apple, but that didn't stop certain people from enjoying a fun BBQ. No way! Party on dude! At the ELITE gym where I workout and train ... John & David threw a big BBQ that evening. I showed up at the gym at 6pm with a big tin of my freshly baked brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Andrea and her beau Tim followed me in and the backyard was totally covered with awnings, tarp and umbrellas. Not a drop of rain fell on the guests and fellow gym members all evening, tho we knew it was storming up. For 4 1/2 hours I had a wonderful time chatting with people, drinking wine, eating good food and sampling some yummy cakes. [All of this I worked off at the gym next day.] We also celebrated John's 32nd b-day [he is my personal trainer] and there were achievement awards for certain gym members. I also saw some folk I haven't seen in a year and we caught up on gossip. It was a blast and everyone in good humor. From there I took car service home.

Recently I finished reading a terrific, interesting, funny book by Bill Bryson. Its called "I'm A Stranger Here Myself" and I recommend to all. Its basically the authors observations of America, after living in England for 20 years. I found myself laughing out loud during parts of it. Which can be somewhat embarressing when riding NYC transit. As with his last book ... "A Walk In The Woods" ... I have this urge to visit New Hampshire, go to a drive-in movie, eat a Twinkie, as well as hike part of the Appalachian Trail. Yes, I know, abit odd. Definitely go purchase the book and enjoy.

No comments: