Monday, June 16, 2003

We're finally getting a combination of late spring, early summer weather over last few days, plus the occasional spurt of showers. Anyhow ... yesterday was a sunny, warm, cloudy day and no rain. I headed up to Connecticut for the day to spend time with my good friend Katherine. We've been communicating via email and occasionally the phone, but haven't seen each other since January. Much has happened during that span of months in her life. First of all, over a delicious seafood lunch at Red Lobster, she tells me that her and her beau Maurice are engaged. This is great news and I'm very happy for her. The situation concerning her daughters [ages 17 1/2 & 20 1/2] isn't so good, especially in regards to the younger girl. To complicated to go into and some of the subject matter is of a delicate nature. Stopped by the cemetery to take care of my grandmothers grave, stopped by her house briefly so she could take the dog out for walk. [I do not like Pitbulls.] Then we headed over to visit her beau/fiance Maurice. I experienced good vibes when I met Maurice and one can tell how much he deeply cares about my dear friend. We hung out for awhile, chatted and watched some neat film footage that he is working on restoring for a wealthy Connecticut family. Cool stuff. Then we went out for a drive to check out [& photograph] some pretty parks/gardens and get ice cream. Overall I had a nice day and got back to NYC around 8:30pm.

Recently picked up a new Richard Bach book on the "Ferret Chronicles" series. This delightful book is called "Rancher Ferrets on the Range" and mostly takes place up in Montana [Big Sky country].

No comments: