Friday, October 31, 2003

[Note ... This just in from the Kucinich National Campaign office]

BOOKS FLYING OFF SHELVES

No, it's not a Halloween poltergeist. Dennis Kucinich's new book is flying off the shelves because of your orders. Already in the first three days over 1,500 orders have come in. We've shipped our initial supply and restocked. "A Prayer for America," is a paperback collection of Dennis's amazing essays and speeches. We have yet to find a reader who is not profoundly moved. Your purchase counts as a campaign contribution. The books cost $15 each, or $12 if you buy 10 or more. To order, click on the link below:

http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?ID=M629835692850023710355&iEvent=33251

******************************
Last weekend when I was visiting my good friend Katherine in CT ... we stopped by a tag sale near the IHOP. I found this book which I felt would "kick start" the process of guiding me; when I sometimes feel annoyed, even angry, with myself or others. Its called "One Minute For Myself" by Dr Spencer Johnson and well worth the $2 I paid for it.

["In his latest parable, Dr Spencer Johnson, whose famous books have inspired millions of readers around the world, takes his readers on an exciting journey of self-discovery, showing us how to let go of the hidden resentments and anger that come from denying our own needs, telling us how to listen to our inner wisdom and teaching us that the more we care for ourselves, the more loving we become toward ourself and other people. The co-author of the world renowed ONE MINUTE MANAGER shows how taking ONE MINUTE FOR MYSELF can lead to a lifetime of fulfillment and personal success ... for us and for others.]

One of Dr Johnson's quotes from the book states:

"I treat myself the way I would like others to treat me"

No comments: