Wednesday, July 21, 2004

A Great Letter From “kucinich4president” Yahoo Group member Ann Seidl In Madison, WI To Eli Pariser At MoveOn.org

Sorry, Eli.  I don't believe that John Kerry represents the average American.  All I hear out of his mouth is meaningless, centrist and cowardly poli-speak.  He does absolutely nothing for me.  I'm a lifelong democrat.  I am taking it VERY personally that Kerry and Edwards are "beating around the Bush" and failing to show simple courage - specifically on the war in Iraq, and, in Kerry's case, the gay marriage situation in his own state.  In fact, I'd be willing to settle for any ONE of the issues that I deem critical - NAFTA, the war, the Patriot Act, equal marriage rights, ANYTHING.  Until then, yawn.  I am hoping for more pressure from MoveOn, an organization I like and respect.   I'm afraid this rah-rah for Kerry is another yawn for me.  Who are we that we can't pressure our candidates into a little more backbone?!?  If not now, when every single Dem vote is worth having, then when?  If not now, when the transparent motives for going to war have been utterly exposed, then when?  If not now, when the atrocities committed by Americans have revealed the barbarity of war, then when?  If not now, when 56% of Democrats polled believe we should leave Iraq immediately, then when?

I'm tired, Eli.  I'm tired of waiting and hoping and waiting.  I'm done being patient.  I'm done being the good soldier.  I'm through with contributions and house parties and knocking on doors.  And I'm not alone.  Michael Moore is the closest thing to a brave Democrat that we've got, and he isn't running.  I thought for certain that the success of Fahrenheit 911 would prod our Cardboard Candidates into saying something real, and I'm gob smacked that they haven't flung themselves, body and soul, onto that bandwagon.  But nothing.   You tell me.  What am I supposed to think?  Here's an idea.  Why don't you replicate your online primary from last year...you know, the one where Dean won and Kucinich came in second?  Ask people to vote on the importance of each of these issues, and shout it from the rooftops.  That would be great.



Another Terrific Message From "kucinich4president" Yahoo Group member Ann Seidl

I dunno ... I've been thinking hard about this.  I mean, look at the kind of self-awareness and humility that the people of Germany have today.  Look at the Japanese.  We keep crowing about being the greatest country on earht, but really, what have we done to deserve it?  That wihch is gotten without sacrifice is held to be without value.  "Justice"  "Equality"  "Rule of Law"  "Democracy"  "By the People"  These words are meaningless to most people.  We haven't EARNED them, you know?  I think the big, strong, bully democracy of the world needs to be taken down a peg.  I'd rather we do it ourselves [ie: experiencing what happens when these cherished values and practices go away] and come out with a genuine passion for our country than to have someone do it to us. 
 
 

Defining Love Of Country - We Ought To Ask Our Presidential Candidates Whether Or Not They Love US
NEWSWEEK
by Patti Davis
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5462806/site/newsweek

No comments: