Wednesday, February 01, 2012

PERSONAL NEWS #204

Sunday, Jan 1st, I invited my friend and neighbor over for a leisurely tea, plus we exchanged holiday gifties and caught up on news. Gail also brought along her lovable little doggie Sage.

Tuesday evening, Jan 3rd, I attended the “NYC Friends of Tolkien” gathering at Entwine to celebrate the professors 120th birthday.

Thursday, Jan 5th, I participated in a BFP A&C committee conference call at 3pm. That evening I attended the monthly BFP board meeting held at The Commons.

Friday, Jan 6th, I had an appt with my lung doctor as a follow-up and discuss next phase. Afterwards, I jumped on the subway down to Cobble Hill to pick up flyers for the upcoming WORD event on the 27th.

Saturday, Jan 7th, I had appts with my chiropractor and acupuncturist.

Tuesday, Jan 10th, I had an appt with my foot doctor, and needed to discuss situation regarding ingrown toe nail on left foot. After careful examination and discussion, it was decided a simple surgery would need to be performed on Feb 10th. This surgery wouldn’t be anything like the one I had during the summer of 2009. Afterwards, I stopped by “Books of Wonder” to talk with Sam about “Tolkien Reading Day” event.

Thursday, Jan. 12th, at 2pm I joined the BFP A&C committee conference call to continue our prep work for the Jan 27th event at WORD. That evening I attended a talk and discussion on an article "U.S.-Israeli Assault on Iran Escalates – Danger of War Grows” by Larry Everest at Revolution Books. It was fascinating and informative.

On Friday, Jan. 13th, after work I stopped by Sleepys to pay off the balance [$] for my new mattress.

On Saturday morning, Jan 14th, Dana stopped by to clean my apartment, and while she was here my new Sealy quilted mattress was delivered at 9:20am. Hurray! After many errands, and taking care of two loads of laundry, I headed into Manhattan for an appt with Dr Tan.

Early Sunday evening, Jan 15th, I went to work out at the gym for the first time in 3 ½ months.

Monday, Jan 16th, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture therapy.

Tuesday evening, Jan 17th, I attended the BFP PF committee meeting, and we continue to work out the details for the upcoming PF in April.

Wednesday evening, Jan 18th, I had dinner with my friend Margaret at a nice Thai place on 9th Avenue near 52nd Street.

Thursday, Jan 19th, at 2pm I joined in on the BFP A&C committee conference call to continue prep work for the Jan 27th event at WORD. That evening I attended the first “Don’t Suppress OWS” planning and strategizing committee meeting to organize a “Call for Mass Action against the Suppression of the Occupy Movement”.

Saturday morning, Jan 21st, I strolled around the neighborhood enjoying the snowfall, taking pix and putting WORD event flyers into mailboxes. In early afternoon I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture therapy.

Sunday afternoon, Jan 22nd, I headed up to White Plains [via MetroNorth] to spend the afternoon with my friend Andi. We had a tasty lunch at PF Changs, discussed Arbonne products, and caught up on other news over tea.

Tuesday, January 24th, I had my annual six month appt with dentist for cleaning. Will go back in a few weeks for X-rays and see what “work” needs to be done. Ugh! In the evening, I rented season one on DVD of the “Downton Abbey” PBS series.

Wednesday, Jan 25th, after work, I had an appt with my chiropractor, and then watched the rest of the “Downton Abbey” series.

Thursday, Jan 26th, I did volunteering for an offsite E&Y event at the Westin Times Square hotel until 4pm. Then in the evening, I attended the “Don’t Suppress OWS” committee meeting at Judson Memorial church. This was our second committee meeting and we were hashing out dates, idea and locations for the “call to action”.

Friday, Jan 27th, I took half a personal day from work to attend a lung doctor appt, and then meet up with Joel to purchase goodies at The Garden for the BFP WORD event. The event itself turned out very well, all the goodies were eaten, and about 50 people were in attendance, which included performers and BFP A&C committee members. The event was well received and we are planning a second one at WORD sometime in the Fall. [Photo: Joel, Veronica and Sandra are part of the BFP A&C committee.]

Saturday evening, Jan 28th, after dealing with chores and errands during the day; I went to the movies with my friend Margaret to see “The Artist”. Really good film and I highly recommend it.

Sunday, Jan 29th, I had an appt with Dr Tan for acupuncture treatment.

Tuesday, Jan 31st, I did volunteer work at the WCW office.

No comments: