Saturday, June 30, 2012

PERSONAL NEWS #209

Friday evening, June 1st, I did volunteer work with City Harvest at Union Square farmers market.

Saturday afternoon into evening, June 2nd, I enjoyed a nice outing with my friend Jackie in the Grand Army Plaza and Park Slope area.  We looked at Brownstones, gardens, shops, boutiques and all the while catching up on news/gossip. Had a delicious early dinner at 84 7th Avenue called FAROS, then further along at 228 7th Avenue for dessert at the Cocoa Bar.  Evening ended with a mini shopping spree at B&N.

Sunday, June 3rd, I attended Hatha yoga class, then an acupuncture appt with Dr Tan and followed by an evening at a NY METS game with friends at Citifield.  The NY METS beat the SL Cardinals 6 to 1.

Wednesday, June 6th, I volunteered with WCP staff at a Bradley Manning demonstration at Union Square in early evening.

Thursday, June 7th, I attended the monthly BFP board meeting, presented the A&C committee report, and was elected to the “Board of Directors”.

On Friday, June 8th, I did volunteer work with City Harvest at Union Square’s farmers market.

On Sunday morning, June 10th, I attended Hatha yoga class, and in the afternoon I stopped my office and also “Books of Wonder” to visit with Sam.

Tuesday, June 12th, I attended the monthly BFP PF committee meeting.

Thursday evening, June 14th, I attended training to learn the basics of WordPress with other BFP members.

Friday evening, June 15th, I joined other volunteers with City Harvest and attended the NY METS game out at Citifield.  Sadly, the Mets lost to the Reds 7 to 3.

Saturday, June 16th, I met up with a former co-worker from WCP, Yvette N, and we hung out in the city for a “shutterbug adventure”.  I haven’t seen Yvette since leaving WCP in 1996, and we reconnected via LinkedIn and FB.

Sunday morning, June 17th, I attended Hatha yoga class, and in the afternoon I joined other members of BFP in tabling at the 7th Heaven festival in Park Slope.

Monday evening, June 18th, I volunteered at the WCW office and helped with database assistance.

Tuesday evening, June 19th, I co-chaired [plus took the minutes] the monthly BFP A&C committee meeting.  This in-person meeting was held at a committee member’s apartment on Prospect Park West.

Thursday evening, June 21st, I attended the monthly NYC Tolkien group meetup.

Friday, June 22nd, I did volunteer work with City Harvest at Union Square’s farmers market.

Saturday, June 23rd, I had an appt with Dr Tan on Canal Street, and he has put me back on the “herbs” for my stomach and lungs.

Sunday, June 24th, I attended Hatha yoga class in the morning, and in the afternoon I joined other members of BFP in tabling at the Smith Street Sunday Funday Festival.

Tuesday evening, June 26th, after my foot doctor appt, I met up with Ms Dee [whom I hadn’t seen since Jan 2010 at E&Y].  We chilled out at “Pacific Grill” down by the East River and South Street Seaport.  Enjoyed a nice meal and caught up on alot of important news.  Then I hopped on the East River ferry boat to head home to my neighborhood.  It was an enjoyable ride and I took many pictures.

Wednesday evening, June 27th, I attended the BFP Climate Action committee meeting to learn more about what they do.  Meeting was held at the co-chairs home in Park Slope, and it is a lovely spacious duplex.

Thursday evening, June 28th, I attended my first official BFP board of directors meeting, as a new member, at The Commons.  Earlier in the day, I participated in the 3rd Annual EY Art Show and it was a success.  I showed framed and portfolio shots from my “365 Project”.

Friday evening, June 29th, I did volunteer work with City Harvest at Union Square farmers market.

No comments: