Wednesday, February 12, 2003

First of all ... remember that fella [Michael] I mentioned in last post ... forget about him. Never heard from him after he asked me for my phone number. Well, yah know, its his loss not mine. Men are always saying us gals are fickle and I'm inclined to think its the other way around. Anyhow ... enough on that dead-end topic.

Had an interesting, as well as amusing encounter Saturday evening. Was heading home from Manhattan around 7pm Saturday night ... when only 100 yards from my apartment building I ran into my upstairs neighbor [John]. He was walking towards me on the sidewalk after chatting with another neighbor. I could tell he'd had a few drinks, but seemed to be in a jovial mood. He was! I said "Hi John, how the hell are you dude"? He was like "hey hey, whats up"? I told him I was heading home to make some dinner and get out of the cold. John asked me what kind of dinner and I said a nice tossed salad. Well, that didn't sit to well with him. And proceeded to tell me that his live-in lady love and her granddaughter [Ashley is 8] were ordering Chinese food. He didn't want any of that and was going to get some Italian food. Before I knew what was happening, he took my arm and led me in opposite direction towards a nice Italian place. I tried to protest [ie: lack of funds, etc] ... but he wouldn't hear it and said "I'm treating you to dinner, since we've been good neighbors all these years". 17 to be exact. We had a fun time [totally platonic], many laughs, gossip, bitch about neighbors or world news and ate some decent food. We strolled back to our apartment building and respective apartments around 9:30pm. John is a character with a good heart and has always been a good neighbor to me.

Recently ran into one of my gym pals who was excited about an upcoming Peace Rally at the UN this Saturday. I'm very much against a war with Iraq and dislike Bush. Whom I think is a narrow-minded, stupid, smug, arrogant little shithead. I've been wanting to become more involved with protests and rallies for some time now, due to this Afghan and Iraq situation. Allyn [gym pal] will be calling me Friday night with all the particulars. Don't know what to expect, but I'm jumping in feet first.

No comments: