Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Oh My Gosh! Got a day off from work yesterday due to the blizzard that whipped thru our area and dumped 20 inches of snow. WooHoo!

Called my office voicemail late Sunday night and they said office would be closed on Monday. Hurray!! I woke up anyway at 6am on Monday, looked out the window and it was fiercely wicked outside. Checked my office voicemail again ... nothing ... sweet. Went back to my warm bed and slept until 8am. Got up and called my parents to see how their doing. All is okay and Dad heard back from the doctor about his colon test [ie: to see if he had cancer] and he's in the clear. This is a huge relief ... not only to Dad, but rest of family too. Mom had to go in later that morning to her foot doctor for surgery. Removal of a small, non-cancerous tumor under her big toe nail. Yeah, I know, yucksville. Their news made me feel better, as I was quite anxious for the results. If it was your parents, you'd be too.

Anyhow ... after chatting briefly with them I threw on layers of clothes et al and went outside for about 5 to 10 minutes. Yah know ... to see what it all looked like while the blizzard raged on. Well, let me tell you, it was bitterly cold ... 5 foot high snowdrifts and fierce winds. Mon dieu! Not much activity going on ... just a few people shoveling their areas or idiots trying to drive their SUVs thru a foot of snow. Geez!

Back indoors I took off all those layers and warmed up with a cup of herbal tea, plus homemade pancakes. Yum! Did lots of puttering around the apartment throughout the day, phone calls with friends, cooking, emails, reading, painting, listen to music, take out garbage, emergency run to grocery store and chatting with my neighbors. Called my friend Sarah in Toronto, but she wasn't home, so I left a message with her brother. Looking thru my address book I came across Pat C's name. We've known each other since 1981, when we hung out at BARNUM. [Broadway show starring Jim Dale.] Those were fun days. Pat and I email or snail mail each other, but haven't spoken on the phone in ages. Got her number via information and called her. We had a great conversation on a number of topics. Finally crawled off to bed around 11pm and had to deal with a slow commute to work this morning. I hope it improves before I head out of here in 1/2 hour. Off to the gym to work off some steam doing some intense cardio. Today I called Josee in Quebec to chat about Pearl Jam and other topics. Plus I received a parcel from Andrea with Pearl Jam goodies. Yahoo!!

Gotta jet ... time to do travel plans for one of my bosses. Peace on Earth!

No comments: