Saturday, September 18, 2004

INTERESTING & NOTEWORTHY POST FROM "KUCINICH4PRESIDENT" YAHOO CHAT GROUP -- "Angry Republican ATTACKS Cuban American demonstrators with his car!"
Our group, Cuban Americans for Change, recently had a demonstration on 8th Street with No Mas Bush signs and we were attacked by an elderly man with his car. He came up on the side walk and we had to move or else. His car was covered with Viva Bush signs, so he couldn't use the "I'm an old man and had a seizure" defense. We have filed charges, aggravated assault with a motor vehicle. My video camera captured the assault and proved valuable. Saturday will be dangerous. A good friend who has also been attacked at a protest suggested that we have union leaders, Dem cops and others who would be able to look out for possible assaults. Also, I will take my video camera because the video I took of this extremist nut case trying to attack us was crucial. Others should consider taking their video cameras as well. We need to protect ourselves.See you soon ... Gloria T

"Back in 2000 a Republican friend warned me that if I voted for Al Gore and he won, the stock market would tank, we'd lose millions of jobs, and our military would be totally overstretched. You know what? I did vote for Gore, he did win, and I'll be damned if all those things didn't come true!"--James Carville

Kucinich Calls For Congressional Hearings On The Future Of Iraq After The Release Of The National Intelligence Estimate
COMMON DREAMS PROGRESSIVE NEWSWIRE
http://www.commondreams.org/news2004/0917-06.htm


No comments: