Friday, September 20, 2002

Greetings All From Sunny Cape May, NJ!!

I've been down here since Sunday, September 15th, enjoying myself and even getting abit sunburnt. Later on today I head back to NYC and then work on Monday morning. Hope all went well while I was gone. Will find out soon enough...............

This entry won't be too long, as I'm using the computer/Internet at Cape May Library and we're only allotted 1/2 hour time frames per day. So I handle my emails on Hotmail and Yahoo, swing over to my fav Yahoo Group [IRWT] to chat and then if I have time [Ha!] surf the Net.

My vacation started out abit wet on Sunday afternoon and into Monday morning. The weather during the rest of the days has been sunny, breezy and usually around 75 to 80 degrees. Love it! Took a few tours, visited a neat museum exhibit on teapots, hit the shops, ride a rental bike, paint, sketch, take pix, brisk walks on Promenade, eat some good food, drink wine and of course, get sunburnt. Whats a visit to a pretty Victorian seaside town without getting a little sunburnt. Right? Thank you lord for the local pharmacy where I picked up aloe vera gel. Amen! I'm staying at a terrific B&B called Twin Gables on Columbia Avenue. Charming place, prices are decent [$110 to $130] in the off season, hospitality is wonderful and the breakfast[s] are delicious. I've been coming here every year since 1998 and I recommend it to all. Not only visiting Cape May, but staying at Twin Gables, which is run by Harry & Regina. They also have a lovable 3-year old golden retriever named Brandy. He's precious! While staying at B&Bs one gets to meet other interesting guests and engage in fun or stimulating conversations. Never a dull moment!

Can't chat too long, as its time to hit the shops and purchase some gifts. Oh yes ... Cape May has lots of neat shops and restaurants too. Plus all that Victorian architecture ... delightful! Yeah, I know, this is a short entry, but will write more soon. Peace!

No comments: