Sunday, September 29, 2002

Since my last entry I finally finished the book I'd brought with me on vacation. I've since started to read "Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring" and then dig into "The Two Towers" before the movie comes out in December. Yeah! In November the second Harry Potter films will be released and I can't wait.

Anyhow, back to the book I enjoyed reading while on vacation in Cape May. First of all, I highly recommend it to everyone. Its called "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. I'd never heard of this writer before and one of my E&Y co-workers recommended it to me. Thanks Lisa! Last year, while on vacation in Cape May, I read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris and I highly recommend that one too.

Let me quote the back cover of Bryson's book and you all can take it from there. You won't be disappointed!

""Back in America after 20 years in Britain, Bill Bryson decided to reacquaint himself with his native country by walking the 2,100 mile Appalachian Trail, which stretches from Georgia to Maine. The AT offers an astonishing landscape of silent forests and sparkling lakes and to a write with the comic genius of Bill Bryson, it also provides endless opportunities to witness the majestic silliness of his fellow human beings. For a start, there is the gloriously out-of-shape Stephen Katz. A buddy from Iowa along for the walk. Depsite Katz's overwhelming desire to find cozy restaurants, he and Bryson eventually settle into their stride and while on the trail they meet a bizarre assortment of hilarious characters. A WALK IN THE WOODS is more than just a laugh-out-loud hike. Bryson's acute eye is a wise witness to this beautiful, but fragile trail, and he tells its fascinating history. He makes a moving plea for the conservation of America's last great wilderness. An adventure, comedy and a celebration.""

The Boston Globe said ... "A Walk in the Woods is an almost perfect travel book" and I agree with them 100%.

Gotta jet ... must swing on over to my webpage and update that too. Remember to keep rocking in the free world!

No comments: