Tuesday, September 24, 2002

I usually don't like being pressured into doing something, but recently had no choice. I belong to a fun Yahoo Group called IRWT and its all about Pearl Jam. Well, for the "Song of the Month" the monitor of the site said we had to come up with a Pearl Jam song and change the words. I'm not really creative when it comes to this sort of thing and I kept putting it off. Yeah, I know, I'm such a procrastinator. Finally, last evening I snapped abit and said "alright, I'll give it a shot". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The PJ song I chose was "Nothing As It Seems" ... originally penned by PJs Jeff Ament [my fav band member, followed closely by Mike McCready]. Here are some of Jeff's lyrics followed by my version. Don't laugh ... never said I had any talent in this area. Oh well ... what the hell ... right.

*****************************************************************
Don't feel like home. He's a little out.
And all these words elope. It's nothing like your poem.
Putting in. Inputting in. Don't feel like methadone.
A scratching voice all alone it's nothing like your baritone.

It's nothing as it seems. The little that he needs. It's home.
The little that he sees. Is nothing he concedes. It's home.
******************************************************************

Hasn't felt like home, we're been thrown about.
The spirits have all elope, no regard for prayer.
Seeping in and in, where is that methadone.
The voice scratches all alone, no regard for tone.

It's not quite as it seems, little sanity we need, its gone.
Bits of light we perceive, nothing to concede, its gone.
******************************************************************

Later all.........................

No comments: