Saturday, October 19, 2002

Good Heavens! Another week has gone by and I forgot to update. Actually, I haven't forgotten, just been busy with work and other activities.

This past Thursday, October 17th, I celebrated my birthday. Nope ... sorry ... ain't tellin you my age. Go ahead ... figure it out. Huuummmmm. . . .their saying. . . .what could it be as they scratch their noggins. I'm not ashamed of my age and don't feel old. Its a state of mind thingy ... 100% ... tho at times my body will try to tell me otherwise. Dammit! Anyhow, my b-day started out terrible and then got better. Work that morning sucked, but after a few wonderful emails from Jorge and then a fun dinner out with friends at a good Vietnamese place in Chinatown, it ended on a nice vibe.

Today I received a few more emails from Jorge and our friendship is blossoming. Its best to let a friendship with a man run its own course and not rush ones fences. If its meant to mature into a loving relationship, then so be it. All I can say right now, is that I really like this man and I'm attracted to him in many ways.

Last Sunday I was up in CT visiting my good friend Katherine. I took her out to brunch at IHOP and we noshed on yummy pumpkin pancakes. [Afterwards we went to a delightful Art & Craft Show in our old hometown.] During brunch Katherine filled me in on all the latest "goings on" in her life. It breaks my heart to see and hear how much she's suffered over the last few years due to her ex-husband and DCF. Not only has Katherine suffered so much, but her daughters too. Not going into details, as it would take too long [plus upset me in the process] and not advisable with all the court procedures going on. Where is that damn light at the end of the tunnel? Sigh!!!

When I hear people say ... "oh woe is me, I cannot afford petrol for my lovely boat" ... I'm like you've got to be f--king kidding me. Get out of my face asshole! Thats not suffering, thats just being a whiny spoiled brat. Try walking in someone elses shoes and then your own "situations" don't seem so bad.

Okay ... so I vented a wee bit.

Let me end this journal entry on a good note. Stopped by a tag sale earlier this afternoon and purchased four hardcover books for $10. Hum ... a $2.25 per book. Sweet deal! The books I purchased are:

"Nicholas II ... The Last of the Tsars" by Marc Ferro
"The Celts" by Gerhard Herm
"Victoria - The Young Queen" by Monica Charlot
"Castles" by Molly Moynahan

At the moment I'm reading part three of LOTR called "The Return of the King". Great trilogy by JRR Tolkien and I recommend it to all. Also, this past week, I saw the trailers for two films and they both look fantastic. The first one was "Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets" ... the second one was "LOTR - The Two Towers". There due in theaters November and December. Can't wait!

Okay ... enough chatter for one day ... time to sign off. Take care ....... Joy, Love & Peace!

No comments: