Monday, October 28, 2002

Lets see ... what has been going on since my last entry. Had a one hour session with my personal trainer on the 22nd. Mostly worked on legs, butt and stomach ... added in some cardio too. Always a pleasure seeing Jamie and he highly recommended that I see the film "Bowling for Columbine". He's always filling me in on films he has seen. On the 24th, after work on upper westside of Manhattan, I met up with my PJ e-pal Andrea. We went to the Cafe section in Barnes & Noble to chat for a few hours about Pearl Jam, work and men. We both adore Jeff Ament of PJ and looking forward to hearing their new album [Riot Act]. Its due out on November 12th and they'll be appearing on Letterman November 14th/15th. Yeah! I believe it was the evening of the 25th, that I heard on the radio that Irish actor Richard Harris passed away. Very upsetting news ... as he's a wonderful actor and making a comeback in his career. His last two films were the Harry Potter series playing Professor Dumbledour. He was perfect for the part and it'll be hard to replace him when they start working on third in the series. Yesterday I joined Debbie and a co-worker of her's [Holly] in a delightful Halloween tour at Greenwood Cemetery [Brooklyn]. It started at 12:30pm and ended around 3:30pm. It was lots of fun, interesting and the weather was decent. Mostly cloudy, tho the sun did pop out several times. We even got to check out catacombs. Debbie and I had been on a different tour there two years ago. Plus we'd visited the cemetery with my friend Larry in his car. The landscaping is wonderful, so many pretty trees, ponds, birds, squirrels, etc. I believe there are over 400 acres of land and over 600,000 dead buried. Pick a lovely spring or autumn day ... take the R subway to 25th Street stop and walk up the hill to the entrance. Admittance to the cemetery is free and its worth the effort to stroll around. The further into the cemetery you walk the more it feels like being in Vermont and not Brooklyn. Well, it does to me. Thats about it for this entry. More next Monday ... on November 2nd I'm off to the ferret shelter to do my volunteer work and on the 3rd is the NYC Marathon. This huge event passes thru my Brooklyn neighborhood. Its fun to watch and cheer on the runners. On that note............time to sign off...............remember to keep rocking in the free world!!

No comments: