Friday, August 01, 2003

Another work week is coming to a close here in bustling, noicy, crowded Times Square. When leaving the office at lunch time or to go home, one has to deal with crowds of tourists, theater-goers and other office workers like me. As one of my co-workers terms it ... a constant parade of humanity & never a dull moment. As to work itself ... its been interesting, busy and a few hiccups along the way. I'm glad its Friday ... amen! Other bits of gossipy office news ... lots of attractive men in this firm ... woohoo! Plus, I also notice many married, pregnant gals who work for the firm. Yep, lots of couples are populating the NYC area with newborns. Getting a better handle on the elevator workings, office layout and routine of the large cafeteria.

Yesterday evening, after my one-hour session with personal trainer, I'm walking to the subway down Lexington Avenue when I had a brief "celebrity" sighting. Well, she's not a big celeb, but relatively known on television since the early 1970s. I'm waiting at an intersection for the light to change, so that I can cross, when I hear three people chatting behind me. Nothing wrong with that, but I recognized the one voice. So I casually glance around and did a double take, cause I recognized the woman. She's got one of those voices that is, as far as I'm concerned, very distinctive. Talks that way onscreen and off. It was Georgia Engel, who played Ted Baxter's wife [Georgette] on the hit 1970s tv series "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". Nowadays she's no longer the bubbly looking blonde. She seems more matronly with short honey colored hair. Have no idea who the two people were that she was with or talking too.

Other news ... awaiting my order of Pearl Jam MSG CD boots from 10 Club. And tomorrow its ferret shelter day up in Yonkers. Hurray! On that note, must sign off and get back to work, as lunch hour is complete.

No comments: