Monday, August 25, 2003

On Sunday I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art up on 5th Avenue and 80th Street. It was another gorgeous day in NYC and would be crazy not to take advantage of it. Yah know? Before arriving at the museum, I stopped by a street vendor to purchase a book I'd been wanting for awhile on WW1. Also purchased a terrific print from an artist. At the museum visited several fascinating exhibits ... such as: Central Part - A Sesquicentennial Celebration, Celebrating Saint Petersburg and finally Roy Lichtenstein On The Roof. I'd never been up to the roof garden at the Met and let me tell you the views are fantastic. Oh my gosh! Took my breath away looking at the views and then I remembered I was up there to see the exhibit. While up on the roof garden I got to chatting with an amusing, interesting couple [Joan & Robert] and the gent treated me to a glass of white wine. [One could tell that other folk were very much in congenial mode.] This couple had recently become engaged and returned from a lovely trip to Scotland. While talking about several topics, Joan spotted one of her co-workers who was there with his family. We all talked for abit about recent blackout and star gazing. It was all very enjoyable.

Back at home I received a voicemail from Rob, whom I'd met the day before at a ferret meetup. I called him back on his cell phone and he was on his bike on the Pulaski Bridge. Which isn't far from my apartment, as he lives in Astoria [Queens]. I was heading out again, this time to local park to relax on a blanket under a shady tree. So Rob joined me for an hour or so. We talked about a number of things and became better acquainted. I'm liken this dude. [I can tell he's younger than me by at least 10 years+, but what the hell.] Stay tuned.............

*****************************

RAINBOW BRIDGE
[Regarding Ferrets]

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our speical friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to healthy and vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and time gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing, they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, bu the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, you hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

[author unknown]

No comments: